Toucan Press

Please help. Cutter not cutting.....

Okay, I have had my MH721 cutter for at least 6 years and have never run into the problems that I have been having the past few days. I am on a PC, running Windows XP and using SignCut X2. I have always had my cutter hooked up to a PC that is 9 years old because it was the only computer that I own that had the COM port. I could never get the cutter to run using the USB. The problem is, having so many computers hooked up in my office, and constantly having to start and shut down different computers, is driving me nuts. It takes 10 minutes for that computer to get up and running. This is obviously where my problem has begun.

The computer that my plotter is currently hooked up to, is communicating with the cutter. If I hit "Test" the cutter moves, but when I hit "cut" I get nothing. I went through the steps to install the USB driver, which I found here: http://forum.uscutte...b-driver-help/. Is there anything else that I am missing?

ETA: Also, my cutter keeps reseting itself to a speed of 12 and a force of 0, this has never happened until today.

LOL seems like that should be made a sticky or pinned somewhere...... Skeeter you have to be about tired of posting that over and over.... LOL

It is, that is how I find it so quick. LOL Seems nobody else can though.

Okay, I have had my MH721 cutter for at least 6 years and have never run into the problems that I have been having the past few days. I am on a PC, running Windows XP and using SignCut X2. I have always had my cutter hooked up to a PC that is 9 years old because it was the only computer that I own that had the COM port. I could never get the cutter to run using the USB. The problem is, having so many computers hooked up in my office, and constantly having to start and shut down different computers, is driving me nuts. It takes 10 minutes for that computer to get up and running. This is obviously where my problem has begun.

The computer that my plotter is currently hooked up to, is communicating with the cutter. If I hit "Test" the cutter moves, but when I hit "cut" I get nothing. I went through the steps to install the USB driver, which I found here: http://forum.uscutte...b-driver-help/. Is there anything else that I am missing?

ETA: Also, my cutter keeps reseting itself to a speed of 12 and a force of 0, this has never happened until today.

I have (2) MH721's and i have had little to no issues with it but

I would recommended changing the drivers to it.. Mine are both on Serial ports

Manufacturer- Copam

Cutter - Copam-2500

Output Device / Port - (COM1)

Try that!

LOL seems like that should be made a sticky or pinned somewhere...... Skeeter you have to be about tired of posting that over and over.... LOL

I agree , Skeeter has to be tired of typing that :lol: .. 1 time I hope to be able to beat Speedy ... oops ... I mean Skeeter to it ... I was thinking of adding it to my signature line , but feel that would be plagiarism :lol:

• Like 2

THANK YOU! I didn't know those even exsisted. It will run, just as if it were connecet with the double sided "COM" wire?

yes...and a whole lot better connection.