ff-extreme

help please

Guest Terry

Well can't help ya much I use Flexi and the Refine 721, But that sounds strange, are you sure your blade is spring loaded and not gummed up? it should just barely be seen sticking out, might try taking it out and clean it and adjust the height. I'm set at Speed 16 Force 70. Offset 25. Blade 45 angle. If I was to set mine on 100 force I would be ripping and shoving the vinyl. Oh in Flexi it will cut where ever you place the graphic ( edge of vinyl, center whatever ). So in SignBlazer you must have it placed wrong.

not sure how much this will help or if it will help at all. I'm using a pcut 630 its my first cutter and your file just cut out with no problems on mine   pressure is 100   speed is 60  and i'm using signcut x2  with blade offset .012   Edit: Well I hope this is the file you where haveing problems with

046.jpg

To adjust my blade depth I take the blade holder out of the carriage. I run it by hand over a peice of the same type of vinyl that I want to cut. I keep adjusting until when I run it over the vinyl, pressing firmlly but not too hard, it only cuts through the vinyl. Then iI put it back in the carriage.

Hello,

It is a long time since i have seen a CoPam cutter.

At least two years.

First Question. Blade Offset. There would have been a packet of blades with the cutter.

On this packet is the offset.  I am almost sure the CoPam uses Roland blades.

If this is so then the offset is 0.25.

Second Question. Cuttng just past the pinch rollers

This means that the cutting area is BETWEEN the pinch rollers.

This is the way all western cutters work

So i guess the CoPam has emulated these cutters.

Then when you lower the pinch rollers and the cutter initializes then it will measure the distance between the rollers and display this on the LCD screen.

In SignBlazer this MUST be the height of your vinyl in Cutter Setup.

This will correct your problem.

Third Question.  How much blade?

Jay is correct.  The smallest amount possible.

To know how much this is, reduce the amount until it no longer cuts.

Extend it until it does cut.

Note -- this is so you can see how little blade is need to be extended from the holder.

Trust this helps

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Thanks everyone, I think the problem was the vinyl. Letters were sticking to the blade and pulling off and just not cutting clean even when I tried to weed it the vinyl was sliding around on backing, I won

Hello again.

Offset.

If the offset is set in the cutter to 0.25 then in SignBlazer it must be set to 0.00

Third roller.

Yes, a good idea when doing long cuts of 10 feet or so.

I am not sure.

you will need to ask Ken this question.

More than two pinch rollers do not affect most of the western cutters with which i am more familiar.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

We too have the Copam, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 3rd roller won't work.  I think the 3rd roller is going to stop at a certain point which would waste vinyl.  But I'm sure Ken will stop in and let us all know for sure.

A rule of thumb that has worked for me as far as how much blade sticking out is a about half the thickness of a credit card. I use this and never have a problem. Hope this helps!

I received a reply from Ken and the 3rd roller will work. All you have to do is remove a little metal piece from the roller and the cutter just ignores it. I will post more on it when I receive my 3rd roller and do it.