tgbvinyl

SignBlazer, First experience, a bad one

I just tried Sign Blazer, I put some simple text, and some circles just playing around. I walked away and came back to about 5 yards on vinyl on the floor, all of it was cut with a line down the center and the it didn't even cut what I wanted cut properly.

What are the benefits to this program?? I hear everyone talking about it I wanna give it a good shot what did I do wrong?

I just tried Sign Blazer, I put some simple text, and some circles just playing around. I walked away and came back to about 5 yards on vinyl on the floor, all of it was cut with a line down the center and the it didn't even cut what I wanted cut properly.

What are the benefits to this program?? I hear everyone talking about it I wanna give it a good shot what did I do wrong?

It's not the software. The software won't do that... And you are probably connected by USB. Not a good choice. A keyspan adapter is the way to go.. Did you ground your cutter? Here is some topics to read for your problem..

http://support.uscut...-and-what-to-do

http://support.uscut...iddle-of-my-cut

• Like 2

Thanks I'll try that when I get back to my cutter!

I am connected USB I will try serial I have an adapter somewhere around here.

I think from a previous post. They have a Liyu Sc. So, what driver are you using in Signblazer? And without possibly showing your settings and such, hard to say what your problem is...

Any suggestions on how to ground it? I tried the serial cable and it still did it.

Yes, grounding was covered in the above links I gave you...

THANKS! I should have read the link throughly. I have everything working now, I grounded it and got rid of the USB cable.

I would now like to hear further feedback comments from tgbvinyl regarding his/her impressions about SBE now that the hardware issue was resolved, and he/she has had an opportunity to do some actual production using SBE.

For instance, do you like the overall interface? Is it too 'cartooney" ? Did you feel the need to customize the toolbar so that the most-used icons are to the left side & always available? Did you like the Library of standard cuttable designs?

Since this thread started on the "wrong foot" so to speak, I am wondering if it would be possible for tgbvinylto salvage it and obtain some positive info about the benefits to this program.

Or, perhaps he/she still doesn't like it and has reasons why? Just curious, either way.

• Like 1

Now that I have everything working right, I love it. The interface is a little goofy but, its a great program. I found the library which has a lot of useful stuff. Thanks everyone for the help! :bear:

• Like 1

Well, that certainly was refreshing, this thread about SBE went from "Grrrrrrrrrrrr, darn it all" to "I love it" and proved once again the tremendous value these forums serve to our community of cutter users.

It made my day.

Now, THAT was easy!

support1.jpg

• Like 3

I agreee.........Sign Blazer is a very good program (in my opinion) Started out with it, still using it 90% of the time and still learning.