Sign in to follow this  
Dr12volt1338

Iron on Vinyl

I am ordering some plain white iron on vinyl today. What is the best to get? They are small logos with a name on the opposite side I just want to use a normal household iron for these. The girls are all bringing their own shirts mainly 100% cotton or a cotton blend shirt. What do I need to order with it? I read a lot about pads to buy for in between the iron and decal. I know the main thing to remember is mirror cut but is it pretty self explanatory from there? I would like to order from US Cutter as I need it for Saturday. ( I know waiting until the last minute but we had no idea what kind of turn out to expect.)

don't buy any pads or anything. I used an iron once when my heat press broke a long time ago. I hated it. Put it on the highest heat setting. No steam. And you'll need a lot of pressure. You're gonna wish you had a heat press that applied all the heat and force for you and did them in 15 seconds instead of a minute or two.

Go with siser easy weed. You can use parchment paper from the grocery store or just a piece of pillow case on top. You can also use the iron directly on the clear vinyl, just keep the iron moving.

Mark

I'm going to buy a heat press in a few weeks just can't swing it now and I want to get a feel for the whole deal before I dive in.. Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it