Sign in to follow this  
SeeJaysPlace

Saving my File

So, i have been doing this about a year and had NO problem with Inkscape! But now i can't save my files??

Does anyone else have this problem i have had to switch computer's just to make my artwork and save it ..

• Like 1

Try reloading your InkScape program.

Bob

I had the same issues a few months back and had to install a newer version and it worked.

I had the same issues a few months back and had to install a newer version and it worked.

Ya i have uninstalled, and reinstalled.. even deleted cash from the regestery..

and installing it on new drives.. i can save off and on it's weird!

Seems I read somewhere on an inkscape forum that some people had problems saving files of a certain size. I could be wrong it may have been another program... Does there seem to be any similarites in what can and can not be saved?

SeeJay,

Did you ever figure out why this was happening? I started having the same problem the other day. All my files (when I try to save as .svg or .eps) are saved as a "file" No idea why it started doing this all of the sudden. I've tried to ask in the inkscape and signcut forums but no one has been able to help. I installed version .48 (i've been working on .47) but it hasn't helped at all. Just wondering if you figured out how to fix it.

Thanks

SeeJay,

Did you ever figure out why this was happening? I started having the same problem the other day. All my files (when I try to save as .svg or .eps) are saved as a "file" No idea why it started doing this all of the sudden. I've tried to ask in the inkscape and signcut forums but no one has been able to help. I installed version .48 (i've been working on .47) but it hasn't helped at all. Just wondering if you figured out how to fix it.

Thanks

Well.. Mine just started working again i have no clue really why..

What i did when it didn't work

If you already have a saved (blank) SVG File already...

I would make something then copy and past it into my saved file already and then could save it again ..

That's the only real way i could get around it .. but now its working just fine..

i wish i could tell you more LoL

www.tcgfx.net

https://www.facebook.com/TwinCitiesGraphix

I need some more likes on my Facebook page.. if you could just click on it and like that would be AWESOME!!

Take care