Sign in to follow this  
slice&dice

Sometimes, the simple things make a big difference

Honestly, this is not the most spectacular or exciting application I've done this week, but it's just a small thing that made a big difference to someone.

This fellow bought a bass electric guitar, and the case it came in had a bunch of stickers, which he tried to remove with some GoofOff, ruining the finish on the surface of the black plastic case.

My solution was to apply a strip of matte-black high-performance vinyl onto the case, covering the messed-up area, and then adding the lettering (and the bass clef).

(I used the high-performance because the case was not smooth, it had a texture, and high-perf. works well adhering to a rippled/stippled surface)

Result --- one happy bass player, $75 in my pocket, and the lesson learned that simple can be sweet.

post-21408-0-47401700-1329674644.jpg

• Like 2

Yep --- keep it simple, sparky --- has been my motto all along, and customers appreciate designs that <b>stand out</B> while being readable at a glance.

By the way, that font is Romic Extra Bold.

Choosing an appropriate font is a huge part of pleasing a client. (To use Serif or Sans-serif is an ongoing design dilemma)

Dan you seem to have a lot of experience in this, what number of installed fonts are you working with? I've stuck with the 200-or-so that SBE has by default, and that seems limiting, however I don't know how to add more.

YESSSSS !!! That's certainly plenty of choices -- but I clicked on "Download" and nothing happens.

Be careful not to add too many fonts! Once you get up near the 1,000 mark on your system, you will notice a huge decrease in the performance of your computer. Get a good font manager to keep them organized and your system running smoothly!

some months late i guess, but i get my fronts from http://www.1001fonts.com/

they have a ton of fonts you can chose from and as tshirt said, if you add too many fonts, it will slow down a little ur programs, get a SSD hard drive and it will improve :P