Sign in to follow this  
haumana

Help choosing color (Oracal 651)

What color do you think would work best?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What color do you think would work best?

• Cobalt Blue (#065)
    • King Blue (#049)

Hey people. I finally got the 'go ahead' to cut vinyl for a couple of 6-man canoes. They want it to be navy blue, but I'm having a hard time actually choosing which blue comes the closest, and what to get everyone's thoughts on this.

I think I've narrowed it down to eiterh Cobalt Blue (#065) or King Blue (#049). To my knowledge, the canoes will be white. I thought about using Dark Blue, but wondering if it would look more black than anything else. If you think neither, then let me know what you do think will work best.

Please keep in mind that I only have immediate access to Oracal, Gerber, and 3M... Oracal is the least expensive at the supply store. And while the client is willing to pay, it's for a non-profit and I want to be able to give them some kind of price break.

Let me know what y'all think.

:tyvm:

Dude, just order NAVY BLUE from Avery

Does 3M or Gerber make vinyl for Avery?

I only have access to Oracal, Gerber and 3M. The vinyl needs to be by Sunday, and I don't have time to wait for someone to overcharge some ridiculous amount of money to ship it to the middle of the Pacific. But thanks for suggestion.  :thumbsup:

Is it cheaper than Oracal?

The supply shop here has sku tags on everything, but the tags have everything but the actual price. It's a huge warehouse, with few employees and a captive customer base. Talk about monopoly. Too bad vinyl is heavy, shipping sucks.

Oracal 651 (Colors) 15" x 50 yards = 78.05 + tax

No idea. I bought a lot of several rolls and it was in the lot. Do a google and see how it compares to oracal. Around here,Oracal is pretty expensive too.

Yah, I guess it would be my luck that the one and only shop here only carries a few brands, and regardless of brand or quality, will charge excessively exorbitant prices. Oh well.

There's also Graphics Solutions Group.  Their catalog has listed for Oracal 651 (Colors) is $50.37 for a 15" x 50yd Roll.

As for what color to choose...  I always let the customer choose from my available selection.  That way - it's THEIR mistake if they choose the wrong color.

... As for what color to choose...  I always let the customer choose from my available selection.  That way - it's THEIR mistake if they choose the wrong color.

:) I tried that. I was told, "I trust you." Which is pretty funny, but I don't think I would trust myself to pick the right color.  :huh: