Sign in to follow this  
top53

Almost ready

I will be cutting before long. Cutter working, software working, now work shop almost ready, check my shelf out.

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

it holds 8 rolls of vinyl. I am going to cut a hole in the table 2 foot by 3 foot and put a piece of glass and light behind it. Everything is comming together. By the way, the road runner on the cutter was my 1st cut.

What are fingers, that is the way the rolls where shipped to me, I bought a package on ebay to get a bunch of colors cheap to get started. I may have made a mistake, at least it will be some practice material.

You will see as it is unrolling. the vinyl will separate from the backing and "bubble" up. That's the problem with discount vinyl from Ebay.

It is supposed to be Oracal 651 but I wonder if it is. Grand Maw always said, "Experience is the best teacher, if you don't pay to much" Well I can get out of this without to much expense, but I will need to redo my cutting shelf vinyl rack combo.

If it's Oracal, it says it's Oracal on the backing. It will say Oracal 651 all over the backing and also have a grid pattern on it.

Yes probably so, they are usually buying 50 yrd rolls which is cheaper, and selling off by the feet. or 10 yrds. etc. those 3" cores are heavy, and weigh more than the vinyl, so they are not going to ship it on a 3" core. They ship as cheap as they can.

That's what I got Skeeter 10 yds of 10 colors on looks like 1" cores. Well I will consider this part of my training and move on.

You more than likely could have gotten it cheaper with UScutter. and only $9.00 shipping each in it's own box, on a 3" core.

I see that now, I was just wanted several colors no more of that stuff for me. I'll be buying my next from UScutter.