Sign in to follow this  
Dr12volt1338

Chrome Vinyl

I have a customer wanting his logo cut in a chrome. I showed him my Oracal sample book and he liked the 351 in chrome. My question is has anyone actually used this. He wants something super shiny chrome like almost mirrored. It looks good in the small sample piece I have but I have ordered oracle before and the sample I had was way off from the actual product. Or is there something else out there that is more of what he is looking for?

this is the chrome you are talking about i just got it today, and im hoping that it does its job that i need it to do.. my buddys that use that chrome they told me it does well. but thats just an opinion

post-17596-0-56759400-1323842666.jpg

sorry to hijack the thread,

@livinloudgraphics

What kind of table is your vinyl cutter sitting on in that picture, with the chrome vinyl? Is that a resin type table?? The kind you can purchase most anywhere at big box stores? That's what it looks like to me. If so,,, it is full of static. I have one also, and just by running a towel across it, static will crack and pop like crazy. Your vinyl cutter needs to be on something that is static free, like on top a wooden bookcase, or a wooden table. etc.,if you don't have a real stand for it. Not sitting on a resin table. That would be the cause of not being able to cut and freezing, and your vinyl running across the resin table is creating even more static.

The chrome looks great!!! and as skeeter said that table is most likely the cause of your issues. Static and electronics do not play well together... Thanks for the pic of the chrome I think I will order that and give it a shot.

@skeeter i had the cutter sitting on the floor the wood (see picture) i moved it to that table as a temp fix as of now it works good and no freezing yet (see post)http://forum.uscutte...did-this-today/ and its working great at this time but it the next couple of weeks im moving to a different location(house wise) and there will be all countertops that my equipment will be on and @ Dr12volt1338 the chrome looks good really thin thou its like really cheap alumiunum foil with adhesive to the back of it but it works just as good (see attachment) and thanks skeeter for helping me trouble shoot

post-17596-0-96868300-1323885973.jpg

• Like 1

somewhat related-i bought a roll of the creative films prime series gold,i figured since i spent more id get a superior product. boy was i wrong.this stuff look great,and cuts with ease, then the happy times end. weeding sucks, and for whatever reason,no matter what the surface(glass metal plastic) its almost impossible to apply the vinyl (wet or dry) the r-tape clear choice at-60 refuses to let go,i spent almost two hours yesterday applying to a customers car, by picking off every detail individually with an exacto blade.im pretty much at the point where im afraid to even sell this product, as i know it will breed dis-satisfied customers. does anyone have any idea why this is happening? is it the transfer tape? maybe an old roll? can someone tell me how i can find the expiration date on this specific product?

Try a medium tack or low tack paper tape. There are different tapes and different tacks of tape to be used with different vinyls. When using Clear choice, clear tape, wet is not suggested, the water cannot evaporate and dry with clear tape. A good name brand paper tape is the way to go, wet or dry , in my opinion.

Did you do test cuts first? CHROME GOLD version, is a 1 mil (.001") PVC film. I cut Avery chrome vinyl with no problems and use a medium paper tape. Metallics will dull your blade fast also.

somewhat related-i bought a roll of the creative films prime series gold,i figured since i spent more id get a superior product. boy was i wrong.this stuff look great,and cuts with ease, then the happy times end. weeding sucks, and for whatever reason,no matter what the surface(glass metal plastic) its almost impossible to apply the vinyl (wet or dry) the r-tape clear choice at-60 refuses to let go,i spent almost two hours yesterday applying to a customers car, by picking off every detail individually with an exacto blade.im pretty much at the point where im afraid to even sell this product, as i know it will breed dis-satisfied customers. does anyone have any idea why this is happening? is it the transfer tape? maybe an old roll? can someone tell me how i can find the expiration date on this specific product?

now your saying you didn't try applying it wet or dry? You said you did right here!!, this post is ONLY about the Creative Gold vinyl you purchased and applying it with R-Tape At-60, wet and dry..

You should practice applying vinyl, you know nothing about, before you try to apply it for a customer.

Good luck in the future

• Like 1

Guest Finishing Touch

I have Arlon series 2850 mirror silver to use as chrome customer loved it i cut some of my own website name for our vehicles went on with ease.. still on no problems there the only problem i had was with my blade afterwards seemed to dull it down i did find out the pressure had to go up to 60 or 70 i think but anyway this is a good vinyl i feel i did read somewhere to use a dry application only with this product hope this helps someone..