Lady_VI

Just can figure it out

I have downloaded Ghostscript, GSview and Irfanview with the plug ins.

Something is not right. I have no pre-view for my images and cannot get anything to open or import into Signblazer, Inkscape or Irfanview.

I get the message:

Decode error

can't load Ghostscript or Ghostscript error:

Just can't seem to get this all figured out!

I have Acer laptop with Vista.

Delete and reinstall Ifranview. I had the same issue had to delete and reinstall then reinstall ghostscript. SBE will only open older EPS files so that may be the problem there. Ifranview also won't give you a thumbnail preview you have to actually open it.

Thanks Dr! I will try that and see if it will work. As far as the EPS files, how are you to tell if the are older ones and how to you change the newer ones to be useable?

most times they are new, when you can't import them.. LOL ... :huh: Signblazer has not been updated for several years, due to death of owner.

I personally don't use Signblazer, but I have helped some people converting files to older with my Adobe Illustrator CS2. Some files are too new for that, because Illustrator is up to CS5 now. I don't know how Ghostview and the others work. I just downloaded to see if I could...

You could try posting an .eps file, and I will see if I can convert back to .version 8, if you want. It may be too new for me also. But I'll try.

Yeah pretty much if SBE won't open it then it is to new of a format. I use Illustrator to save them as older files but there may be other programs out there that will do the same.

Thanks Skeeter that is so nice of you. Just one problem, I bought this from VectorArt.com and I think from what I have read that I will get in trouble if I post it. This is so frustrating! This is my first real job and my customer is waiting for me to get it all figured out. Can I e-mail it to you and have you change it? Or is that not allowed either?

also, If your just importing vector art from CDs, You can just import them into Signcut, and cut from there. unless you want to add something to that design...But even if you did want to add to it. you can create in inkscape or Signblazer and export as an .eps. and import into Signcut. , You got a year free with your vinyl cutter. Of Signcut. Have you tried that?

Thanks DR and Skeeter!!! Hope someday I can pay you back.

No Skeeter I have not tried that. I do need to add word to the image. So are you saying that I can export my words out of signblazer and combind them with the image in signcut?

Thanks DR and Skeeter!!! Hope someday I can pay you back.

No Skeeter I have not tried that. I do need to add word to the image. So are you saying that I can export my words out of signblazer and combind them with the image in signcut?

See if that cd has other formats besides eps. some cds have numerous other formats...