Lady_VI

Can't download Ghostscript

Hi all, and thanks for your help in advance.

I have many file that I can not open with inkscape or signblazer, so I have spent hours here reading the forum and found out that I need Ghostscript, Ghostview and Irfanview. The last 2 downloaded fine but Ghostview will not. It say I need a zip program to open it and I have Winzip, so when I try to unzip with winzip it says that ghostscript is not a zip file?:huh:???

Anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

Did not know that I had to be a Rocket scientists to make vinyl signs!!!!!! LOL

The 'official' site has an ".exe" (run-able) installer for gsview here:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm

and the link Skeeter provided has ghostscript as an installable .exe file. You post is conflicting as you say gsview and then ghostscript as a zip file, but these links will take care of it either way...

Now now Bear!!! You know that file doesn't run, I haven't had to catch one before hehehehe

Sorry about that BearlyRich.......I ment to say Ghostscript both times.......That is the one I cannot download.It was getting late and I was rum-dumb!!!!!!

Anyway I went to the link that you gave me Skeeter and still it would not download. It acted like it was going to. then when it said 1 second left my computer locked up.........then the dreaded Black Screen!!!!!!!

I think I might have a virus. So I will check that out first then try again from that link.

Thanks very much to both of you!

Your welcome, I downloaded it on an XP, and had no problem.. I don't know what operating system you are using, but actually with a vinyl cutter it is best to have it on a dedicated computer. And XP is very stable. I don't upgrade, I purchase used XP systems, You can still get nice Desktops with XP with serial connection, cheap on EBAY. You don't need a high priced computer to run a vinyl cutter.

Knowing what OS you're using would help...

Here are two more links:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/files/GPL%20Ghostscript/9.04/

for the 9.04 version.

and

http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/GPL/gs902/

for the 9.02 version that I'm running here.

One of these would have to work...

Now now Bear!!! You know that file doesn't run, I haven't had to catch one before hehehehe

Ash, I've had a lot of files run.... away! Never could find them :blink::bear:

Hey guys sorry for the delay in getting back with you. I have Vista and an Acer laptop. Thanks for the links Bearly, the last one worked. And thanks Skeeter for the info that is a good idea. It will just have to wait awhile. I have enough invested right now until I get all this figured out LOL. And I am going to have to hurry cause I already have 3 orders and I am still trying to figure out the software and how to get the right clipart to import into it!!!

This is the best place I have found in all my research and you guys are WOUNDERFUL!!!!!!!! Thanks again and I am sure I will be talking to you again LOL :rolleyes: .

It just wouldn't be much fun if we couldn't help folks. Except maybe when we're making fun of Ash & Rodger ;D:bear:

I always get made fun of heheheeh weeeeeeeeeee