hi

i am house. better know as dennis. i am somewhat interested in signs and window stickers for autos. this would include decals and banners.never done anything like this before. your language is greek to me, however i am learning asi have visted the forum several times in the last few days.

i am 5 months from becoming 70 years old.Need something to do to supplement my spending habits and to stay active mentally and physically. If this works out i plan to sell at arts and craft shows as well as help my friends and associates.

i am please to be here as it looks like a few folks have fun on here. i hope that i am one of those. Lots of opinions to digest. I appreciate all the help u can lend to me.

by the way i live in macon,ga. not that that matters to me or anyone else.

i hope u all had a great thanksgiving

thanks to all

Welcome , i consider myself to be in the group that has fun on here :D ... just watch out for the other guys , Ole Assh ( Ash Computers ) Stetty ( Stetson ) & Bear ( Bearly Rich ) ;D . I think most everybody has fun on here , but some of us have more of it :) When you get a video dedicated in your honor , you will know you have made the grade :)

• Like 1

Welcome. There aren't many of us older folks on here but those of us who are will tell you it's not that hard to learn if you are willing to put in the time. When I started, there were no forums,nobody would tell me anything,and I managed to figure it out. You'll make mistakes and learn from them but you have all of us to help you. Don't be afraid to ask a question, no matter how basic. Anyone gives you a hard time, I'll set them straight.

• Like 1

Welcome!

Rodger is the one you really have to watch out for! ;D:bear:

And it sure is nice to see some older folks around!

thanks for all your comments. make me feel at home. i am sure i will have questions as i am already confused as to what ccutter i need. $500 seems like a lot to spend on a venture u haven't entered into yet. i realize this is hopefully just the beginning.>LOL.

i hope it works out. i love meeting folks that are new to me.

My start up cost was around $1000...this was before the $300 cutter....and I made it back in about 3 weeks, with no advertising.

Hello and welcome. I have did sign installations for about 20 years and watched them cut and it seemed easy I found out latter it was a little harder than I thought I didn't know a eps file from any thing but from reading and asking I have got fairly good at it . As far as age I was in my early sixties when I made my first cut. The p cut is a great entry level cutter again welcome and the best of luck to you.

Dan

Welcome from North Fl. You're going to discover a really grat bunch of people in this forum. Fun loving, helpful and for the most part patient and understanding. It's a shame that others in our screwed up world can't follow the example these guys set. Just my @ cents worth

Stop right now;;,,, heres the most important advice anyone is going to give you,,,,,,,,,,,, YOU WILL NEED TO LEARN HOW TO USE A VECTOR PROGRAM BEFORE YOU CAN MAKE DEALS,,, you may allready know this , or you may not,,,adobie illustrator,,,,correl draw, are the best,, inkscape is a free download, that is usable for some things,,I am not trying to discourage you, its just that so many people think they can take a jpeg or bitmap or any pic. that they have, and make a decal,,it doesnt work that way,,,,,your image has to be a vector to be able to cut,

so,,,if what i said is something you did not already know, then google" vector files",,, and learn all you can,,,,,cutter/plotters can be gotten fairly cheaply, however its the art programs required to make it all work that can be costly,,,,

this is the right place to come for info and help

i got my plotter not knowing anything,,,but after reading all i could here and other places, i paid for my cutter in the first month making 10 doller decals for co workers,,,so good luck and keep us posted on how it goes

hi rex

thanks for the response. i appreciate your time and advice. i am not into the design of graffics. so could i download the vector files or buy them? would i still need a software program. I plan on doing the following: vinyl decals for windows and cars. small sizes 20"x20" or less. window stickers. also considered a printer to print on banners, car tags. thinking of a epsom wf 1100.

any help would be appreciated. i would be a small time operator selling to friends ans associates. may do a few car shows and a few arts and craft shows

thanks

house

You can buy vectors and have jpeg imsages converted to vector there ate a couple people on this forum that will provide that service for a fee. Also there are a ton of graphics put on here by members but you should have at least inkscape it is not that hard to use. Search graphic request .

Dan

hi dan

thanks for the info. i did download inkscape and working with it now. what are your primary interest in the sing making

hi dan

thanks for the info. i did download inkscape and working with it now. what are your primary interest in the sing making

I mostly installed signs but make a few signs and banners.