Rodger

Hot Stuff file

Here is a Hot Stuff , the Little Devil . I have a question , the pitchfork & tail is solid which I think looks terrible . I have mostly made decals from scratch or used them as they come .I have done some node editing , but am still green at it . What is the easiest way to make the tail & pitchfork just an outline as the rest of the decal ? With my experience level , I think taking the file & eliminting everything but the tail & pitchfork , resizing , then combining it into the decal is a way to do that . I use SB only . ;)

Hot_Stuff.eps

Here is a Hot Stuff , the Little Devil . I have a question , the pitchfork & tail is solid which I think looks terrible . I have mostly made decals from scratch or used them as they come .I have done some node editing , but am still green at it . What is the easiest way to make the tail & pitchfork just an outline as the rest of the decal ? With my experience level , I think taking the file & eliminting everything but the tail & pitchfork , resizing , then combining it into the decal is a way to do that . I use SB only . ;)

Since there is no PINK in the decal you are certainly having some trouble...LOL..I am new to this as well and can not offer any other advice other than to ask your friendly partner in crime from the great white north to come on down and fix it for you on your twos weekly visit...LMAO!!!(private joke) I jus kill me sometimes...LMAO!!!!!

Since there is no PINK in the decal you are certainly having some trouble...LOL..I am new to this as well and can not offer any other advice other than to ask your friendly partner in crime from the great white north to come on down and fix it for you on your twos weekly visit...LMAO!!!(private joke) I jus kill me sometimes...LMAO!!!!!

try this.It will look solid but in wireframe you will see the difference.

hot stuff 2.eps

• Like 1

try this.It will look solid but in wireframe you will see the difference.

If you can't import the .eps into SB,copy and paste. Just in case,here is a SB file

HOT STUFF.SBD

• Like 1

Just grab your line tool and draw it in, node edit as needed.

2 second job.

mark-s

I just looked into this for the heck of it. I know you like SB, so...

Just try the "Expand outline/inline" option. I used .05 for the offset and .1 for the thickness. Seemed to work just fine. Of course there were a lot of other bits created when I did this, but! All the other bit came out as a single object and in black, and were deleted all together. Seemed odd to me but that's how it worked on this particular graphic.

The end result looked pretty good to me...

Oh, and check the "keep original" and "remove overlaps" options...

• Like 1

I just looked into this for the heck of it. I know you like SB, so...

Just try the "Expand outline/inline" option. I used .05 for the offset and .1 for the thickness. Seemed to work just fine. Of course there were a lot of other bits created when I did this, but! All the other bit came out as a single object and in black, and were deleted all together. Seemed odd to me but that's how it worked on this particular graphic.

The end result looked pretty good to me...

That's what I did..took about 15 seconds. I like the easy way.

Stetty , I have Ole Assh setting up a website with a forum & had him add a section JUST for you & Bear :)... :D:bear:

I have tried adding the cut line , but don't like my results :( .Doing the outline adds too much in the inside of the decal & I don't like that either . I'll keep messing with it . Thanks for the siggestions 7 Thanks to John for the file . It seems to be the same thing even in wireframe . I cut it & it came out the same also :huh: I read the Hot Stuff comice to my kids when they were growing up & want to make a realistic lookng decal 7 learn how to do things like that .

I have tried adding the cut line , but don't like my results :( .Doing the outline adds too much in the inside of the decal & I don't like that either . I'll keep messing with it . Thanks for the siggestions 7 Thanks to John for the file . It seems to be the same thing even in wireframe . I cut it & it came out the same also :huh: I read the Hot Stuff comice to my kids when they were growing up & want to make a realistic lookng decal 7 learn how to do things like that .

Here is the decal,cut from the file I posted. Is this not what you wanted?

post-242-0-12266200-1320890668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

These files will be handy for practice :thumbsup: .

Practice to your heart's content.

Here is the decal,cut from the file I posted. Is this not what you wanted?

Thanks John , It is exactly what I wanted .. now to learn how to do that myself .. I am getting too many cut lines no matter what settings I try .