Sign in to follow this  
Scott

flexi registration marks

What am I doing wrong?  When I create text and add an outline then send to cutter, I select auto registration marks. The marks don't line up on the two colors.

Any help is appreciated.

The auto registration marks only work when you have it designated as a two color job.If you make text and then go to the outline tab to create an outline it will not register right.I think the outline feature is only good for prints.At least that's what I have found when I tried to do the same thing.I always select the rectangle tool and make the registration marks I want.It just seems to work better that way.

I think I'm missing something. I use the rectangle tool but when I select cut it either selects the rectangles or the text. Do I need to group the items somehow?

Thanks

Yes,you should always go to - edit -select all -then go to arrange and group.That will put it all together for the production manager to read.

In Flexi it will only cut what is highlighted.If nothing is highlighted,it will cut the entire job.

You should use the registration tool to make registration boxes.  When you cut multiple colors and lets say your text is red and the outline or shadow is black.  You add two rectangles for registration.  What color are they?  If they are black they will only show up when you select the black layer.  If red they will only show up on the red layer.  Registration marks made using the tool in flexi will show up regardless of the color that is selected.  It's really the only way to accurate registration.

Ross

First of all, Excellent Forum !!!

I have use flexisign for several years now, but have never found any registration marks tools. I do little squares on top of each other, when doing multiple colors. Any idea where I can find this tool. Im using Flexisign 7.

Thanks

John

First - what version of Flexi? That may make a difference.

In Flexi Pro 7.6v2 - it's part of the shapes toolbar. At top menu, select View, then toolbars, then click shapes. The shapes toolbar will appear and along with it the little black & white reg mark (looks kinda like the BMW roundel)

Once you have your text and outline, highlight that object, goto arrange, then click convert to outline, then select all and group so no pieces get away from you. Then click the reg mark and put a couple reg marks close to the object (I prefer to do all 4 corners when I bother to use reg marks) Go back and then slect all including the reg marks and cut by color - the reg marks show up on each color to be cut.

Guest Terry

They are in advanced in some versions.

Hello now I am using the plotter with Flexisign 7 only to cut.

But I have a problem to use the laserpoint because I don't know how to use signblazer.

-Can I prepare the file with example Flexisign or Illustrator cs2 or coreldraw 10?

For the press of the images for the countourning cut now I use Flexisign because It has a good rip for print but where I put the crocinis of press?

please help me with a manulas

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can use the LaserPoint with Flexi only as a cutter/ plotter, but not for contour cutting.

Anyone know why the registration marks are cutting correclty on one side but then on the other side it is cutting what lookes like to small ones but in halfs?

Guest Terry

I think Fivestar is contour cutting with the Refine and the Laser with Flexi.