spilz

Unrecoverable error

Hi guys, I got as far as downloading signblazer (thanks to mb20music for the link!) and TRYING to cut something out last night.

I'm using a creation P-cut.

I was literally trying to cut out some stars as a trial, and first the cutter cut a small square and stopped, then, and since then, it read something along the lines of "an unrecoverable error has occured" when I clicked cut.

any reasons why this might be happening? there is signal going to the cutter as sometimes it will start cutting, but it just crashes. I've had a look on the search but cant see much.

Thanks for any help!

Sorry I cant justify spending $85.00 to fix a piece of software that hasnt cost me anything.

I know its something simple, I've read posts about running updates, when I installed the programme first it asked me if I wanted to update but I clicked no.

I have tried uninstalling the programme but when I reinstall it now, it still doesnt ask me if I want to run an update, and the signblazer recovery file is still there (a save file from when it crashed before I unistalled it)

Sure enough, it still crashes after uninstalling it 4 times.

How do I get it to check for updates?

Thanks,

Spilz

Oh well, there are no further updates for signblazer, you can buy flexi though, or signcut, they are available on USC shopping cart system.

Good luck, and have a great day!

Check your connections.

Un-install and re-install SignBlazer.

What type of connection are you using? If you are using USB I would recommend usng the serial connection instead.

If you are using USB and don't have a serial port on your PC, buy a keyspan adapter to convert the USB output on your PC to a serial outpt.

Thanks for the reply mate,

I have uninstalled it like 5 times, but I think i need to restore my computer to before I got the software so it wipes everything, as when it installs after uninstalling it still has the recovery file as if it never got uninstalled.

i'm using the USB cable, but my laptop has a serial connection (i think).

Its gotta be something minor, as it did manage to cut one sticker, but hasnt worked for the last 20 ish attempts.

I had Ash Computers remote my computer . Virus elimination , updates & a bunch of stuff that took hours plus he installed a bunch of things that make things so much easier . Well worth the cost if you are an average person ( I won't say " like me " because NOBODY has ever called me average :huh:?? ) & not a " computer geek " :D:PB) I had checked on having a local company do that & found out how good of a deal Assh Computers is giving .

yea no doubt mate, and fair play to the guy for being on the ball, but I've bought a second hand creation p-cut to have a play with and see if it is for me. To pay for ash's help (a good price im sure) would double my costs, and double the amount of money I may have wasted if it doesnt work out.

It is possible that the USB connection is part or all of your problem. You also didn't mention what OS you're using. If it's win7 or vista, you may also have permission problems. That could be checked by running as administrator. If you're using win7, try searching for SB and win7 problems. I don't run win7 so I can't offer more there...

Hi guys, I've got to the bottom of the problem, after many hours of trial and error!

Its something to do with my save files, im using windows vista, Adobe illustrator cs5 to make the artwork (car stickers) and then saving as .eps and Importing to Signblazer.

It wont let me cut the files I import, and in some cases it will only import part of the artwork.

As soon as i simply write text using signblazer however, it will cut no problem.

Any got any idea?

save the illustrator files as version 8.eps. Then import. Signblazer is older software, and has not been updated to import newer files.