Sign in to follow this  
Spaz_head

USB Driver CD

Hello

Ok got my new cutter. Probably the only electronic device on the planet that does not come with a user manual. Anyway. The one page instruction sheet says "Put in the blue driver CD" I don't have a blue driver CD in the box. Just the Signblazer software. Windows will not find the plotter. Am I missing the driver CD?:lol:?

Is the driver somewhere on this forum?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

I looked on the link, but can't see anything that would be it. Maybe I'm not seeing what I need.

You would think they would add model numbers to the cutter, maybe a serial number.

Later

I don't think the USB to Serial drivers are model specific...they are computer drivers,not cutter drivers. I could be wrong,but they emulate a serial port on the USB.

Bannerjohn

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure.

I think I should have another CD in the box. I can't get over this thing not having an user manual, and to boot a missing driver CD. Without the CD its just a boat anchor. Maybe they should indicate to buyers they don't include a user manual. I just thought all electronics came with a user manual. My mistake

Can anyone send me the driver for this cutter. It has no serial number, model number, just says US Cutter laserpoint on the front display.

I should box it up and send it back. Or better yet just run my truck over it and save the postage

Later

When did your cutter arrive??  I'm sure you will have the answers you need tomorrow, ken is VERY helpful and I'm sure will be able to help you with this..........don't give up yet.

The drivers for the cutter itself are in the Signblazer software. The problem you are having,is that when you connect via USB,the computer doesn't recognize the USB port as a COM port,which is what the USB to seriel drivers do. I didn't need to load any myself because I already had USB to serial drivers loaded for some device which I have forgotten about. I don't remember one of those 'new device windows' popping up either and the cutter never has shown up in the device manager. I just did the settings in Signblazer and it worked.

As for a manual, there isn't that much to know about the cutter itself. I don't know what the instruction sheet says...I don't have that particular model. Once you get everything set up, the SOFTWARE manual is what counts.

My first cutter was MUCH more expensive than one you bought and the manual was about 6 pages and most of that was safety stuff.

A little patience...there are plenty on this forum willing to help you on your way and when Ken gets to work tomorrow,I am sure he will point you to the right USB drivers.

I am pretty sure that Ken posted the specific link to the drivers you need elsewhere in the forum but I never could navigate the search function and don't have time to look right now.

I hope you work it all out. Once you get it up and running, you will be cutting away in minutes...I was.

Remember they are on Pacific Time...better you should PM Ken with YOUR number and tell him what is the best time to call.

I got a dirver from the support section, and got the cutter working. I was able to cut some letters without any difficulty.

I tried to do some contour cutting, but could not get it to cut. Not sure the problem. Followed the directions from the forum. I set the reg marks, but it would only allow me to send it to the cutter in portrait page position. Once I set the reg marks with the laser eye and hit cut it did nothing. Any tips would be great.

Thanks

make another post with heading "contour cutting problems",it would be more likely seen and answered by someone who has solved the issue. Also might try posting in Signblazer so Jerry can see it.