xeto

Hello all, new to cutting, creation cuttersetup

Hello all I would absolutely appreciate any feedback on these questions. I purchased a Creation Kingkut A series vinyl cutter, used. I cannot not figure this out.I Thought you could set this up like a printer and send projects from the software.It only has an A style usb connection on the side.I am trying to set it up through usb from laptop. I am so lost I wanna tie it to my truck and drag it down the road. I have around forty hours of research and this was my last hope before I burn it. Ok thanks a lot any feed back back would be so appreciated.

Assh can get it up & running for you thru a remote session . You might get the solution here , but before you burn out , contact him . acsash@atmc.net

Hello all I would absolutely appreciate any feedback on these questions. I purchased a Creation Kingkut A series vinyl cutter, used. I cannot not figure this out.I Thought you could set this up like a printer and send projects from the software.It only has an A style usb connection on the side.I am trying to set it up through usb from laptop. I am so lost I wanna tie it to my truck and drag it down the road. I have around forty hours of research and this was my last hope before I burn it. Ok thanks a lot any feed back back would be so appreciated.

possibly this newbie manual can help you out, download in first post

here is the Creation site, possibly help here

http://www.creation.com.hk/eng/support.asp

I just did a quick search for "creation kingcut" and came up with some possible help.

Signcut supports it and has some links.

http://www.sc-x2.com/plotters/kingcut.html

Creation also supports it with manuals and drivers:

http://www.creation.com.hk/eng/support.asp

The Kingcut is apparently a version of the CT series (same as the current Pcut).

Signblazer also supports it with (apparently) a 'Kcut' selection for the cutter although anyone of the many selections of the Pcut may also work.

Since you only have a USB port, you would need the USB drivers for it first. I would recommend downloading them from the creation site as a starter.

If you go through the user manual and newbie docs, install the driver and try setting it up and still can't get it to work right, then Ash would be a very good option. He's helped an awful lot of folks. And yes, they were an 'awful' lot ;D:P:bear:

Well I wanted to thank everyone for the information. I tried to get it worked out. Downloaded the drivers and followed the directions on the manual. @bearlyrichStill I tried the signcut approach a few weeks ago but thanks. I have the VE Lxi 7.5 software installed that came with it, I even tried signgo and a few others . The trouble is the communication setup I cant get to work. Thanks to all that responded.

Sounds like you did try them all. Sorry to hear it's still not working. What OS are you using? XP, win7, etc... I never connected mine through USB so I don't have first hand experience with the setup, but someone around here must. Does the cutter function itself, as with the test cut? I'm not sure how the OS recognizes the cutter through USB or what setting there might be. A bit easier for serial... If the cutter is okay I'm sure Ash could get it working for you. That's if he hasn't run away from the hurricane ;D (Hope you're okay Ash!).

Well I wanted to thank everyone for the information. I tried to get it worked out. Downloaded the drivers and followed the directions on the manual. @bearlyrichStill I tried the signcut approach a few weeks ago but thanks. I have the VE Lxi 7.5 software installed that came with it, I even tried signgo and a few others . The trouble is the communication setup I cant get to work. Thanks to all that responded.

Have you looked thru the user manual for your set-up? Your software is make by Flexi, SAI so it is close to the Flexi 7.6 version. Which for windows is XP on down. Was not even Vista compatible until Version 8.5.. So are you running the Software on windows XP?

http://www.signwarehouse.com/tech-support/pdfs/LXi_text_705_final_ReD.pdf

Yeah I first tried to install it on my win 7 64bit laptop, then found the specs online so went and grabbed a win xp laptop so thats what im working with now. If it had the serial port connection on the cutter I would just hook it up to a computer throught the serial port on the machine and to the cutter. It only has a usb on the cutter. The test function worked on it it faked cut the little square. Thats only reason I have not given up yet. I cant get the virtual usb serial port part of it worked out on my laptop. I am gonna try the sign blazer with the virtual serial port for usb drivers the doc recommends even though I tried it on my win 7 laptop. One more thing I have not tried was using a serial to usb adapter from an old computer with a port and connect the usb cable from the cutter. Just seems over the top. I will try this and maybe contact Ash, someone would probably get a good laugh at something I must be missing. Thanks for all the feedback.

Well tried sign blazer and the virtual serial port for usb. Bottom line no driver is installed for the cutter when I plug it in. All though I have installed it and cant get the usb port to act like a serial port.So that seems to create a huge communication problem or shall I say no communication to cutter. Programs all send information to com1 or2,3 etc. I just need to get the usb set up to be the place were the information is sent and driver, all though I thought some of this software drove the cutters <Holy Headache> Ok thanks will e-mail Ash, thanks again everyone.