ispperformance

SignCut Expired

I have been using the SignCut software license that came with my cutter for the past year. I just had it expire, and my vinyl business is really slow because I do not have much time between with a new baby. I don't want to spent the money on another year if I am not going to be cutting full bore. I know I can get a month license, but that doesn't seem economical, as it could be put towards the full year.

Anyway, I am using corel, and illustrator.... Wondering if there are any products that are cheap and will let me cut direct from those programs. My cousin uses a nice Roland Printer / Cutter, and the software is integrated right into Illustrator. You just use a tool that highlights the outline, and click send to cutter.

I am just looking to save a few bucks, as I am probably not going to make much profit in the next few months, but the main need to cut is I have to make some vinyl wall art for my children's room. Let me know what options I have.

SignBlazer

I have been using the SignCut software license that came with my cutter for the past year. I just had it expire, and my vinyl business is really slow because I do not have much time between with a new baby. I don't want to spent the money on another year if I am not going to be cutting full bore. I know I can get a month license, but that doesn't seem economical, as it could be put towards the full year.

Anyway, I am using corel, and illustrator.... Wondering if there are any products that are cheap and will let me cut direct from those programs. My cousin uses a nice Roland Printer / Cutter, and the software is integrated right into Illustrator. You just use a tool that highlights the outline, and click send to cutter.

I am just looking to save a few bucks, as I am probably not going to make much profit in the next few months, but the main need to cut is I have to make some vinyl wall art for my children's room. Let me know what options I have.

Happy new baby time!! My youngest grandson will be 1 yr on in 10 days - they grow up TOO fast! Enjoy every minute you can.

I second the signblazer recommendation - it has design capability as well as cutting - and the price is right! Each new program you learn will take some getting used to - but it has worked well for me. I have used it and have bought some newer programs that I like - but almost anything near it in performance is very expensive!

There is one program I like a lot - take a look at Make-the-Cut! at http://www.make-the-cut.com/

It has one of the BEST vectorizing capabilities I have seen - (called pixel tracing in the program)

It will drive most cutters from USCutters - as long as it is through the USB port. There are plug-ins (basically takes the design and converts into machine commands for the specific machine) for a couple of models so far and others will be added as demand for them requires - you can try it free to see if it works with your cutter presently.

It is easy to lay out designs in (the design space is one of several sizes of virtual mats - but you are not limited to working inside the mat)

The programmer comes out with a new version every few months and the upgrades are always FREE!

Costs less than $60 - the tracing function is worth more than the cost of the whole program.

It is geared toward crafting and scrapbooking - but has a LOT of power - you might like the gallery of designs from other users - and the link to art from a website called Lettering Delights which is integrated into the program - lots of cutesy stuff I am not allowed to be impressed by 'cause I'm a guy ya know- LOL

here is their website http://www.letteringdelights.com/

The demo is full featured - just puts watermarks in the designs and also makes the watermarks cut in anything you send to the cutter until you register - so you can fully explore the program and decide if it is for you or not before spending any money.

-Mike

• Like 1

Coincidentally, I came here looking for an affordable vectorizer app and opened this message because my SignCut license will be expiring soon. I just played with Make-the-Cut and the vector conversion routine is indeed very impressive. I used it for a JPEG that has so far befuddled all other apps I've tried (online, freeware, and demos) and this software produced the best results by far. Can't wait to try it out on my US Cutter! I'll just have to get over the prejudice against it being intended for scrapbookers. ;)

Coincidentally, I came here looking for an affordable vectorizer app and opened this message because my SignCut license will be expiring soon. I just played with Make-the-Cut and the vector conversion routine is indeed very impressive. I used it for a JPEG that has so far befuddled all other apps I've tried (online, freeware, and demos) and this software produced the best results by far. Can't wait to try it out on my US Cutter! I'll just have to get over the prejudice against it being intended for scrapbookers. ;)

Don't be put off by the scrap book roots - it has grown beyond that and each new version adds more power - it is a killer program - and the developer is constantly working on improvements to the program and adding plug-ins for additional cutters.

There is a Q&A webinar every week (Tuesday at 7:30 pm CST)

Register here https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/196322409 and follow the link in the email they send you.

It is geared to getting new users up to speed - but you can ask questions about anything you don't understand and see the answer demonstrated on screen.

Their forum is very active and friendly I think more Gals than Guys on it - they are a very talented and helpful group.

-Mike

Hi. Is the Make The Cut a license or when I buy it do I own it for good? I don't cut that often, so dont want to buy licenses just for one cut all the time, thanks