so i go to cut some graphics today and when i plug it in a flick the switch nothing happens no fans no power switch, go to a different outlet and same thing what could this be??? im really getting upset with this stuff cause its about the 3 time ive had problems with it since ive bought it 2 months ago

Got a power cord from a computer or monitor you could try, instead of the one that came with the unit? That is the first place to start if you already tried another outlet. Cheapo Chinese cutters come with cheapo Chinese power cords.....

If that does not help- could be wiring or the power supply itself. Not too hard to replace.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hey Livin..if you have a dead line..Do you have a go to person for a back up to outsource the stuff to? There are lots of us on the forum if not..I am sure there are lots of people that can and would help you out to get your deadline..Least that way you won't loose the business..Better to outsource than to wait and not have the business at all..

Just a thought

stetson5331

ive tryed with some one up here with a digital printed graphic and i dont a get a reply but just saying that i did that it would cost more than id be making a profit on if i only needed one or two of this design if uscutter was all about there so called great customer service then i wouldnt worry but im hearing alot of bad things recently but your not really purchasing this item so i guess they could careless

why don't you get this one going? Your very first post..

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

hey im am new to graphics cutter etc i have a master vinyl cutter model xy-380p i really need to get this cutter ready for business and i need a parallel to usb cord to hook to my laptop it is 25 pin plug it also has another plug in and it has rs-232c under it what is this plug for can it be used the same way as the parrallel one if so i need the cord to go from that to the usb port please help me in this sitiation thanks

the drivers were really hard to find even ash computers spent 3hrs on the phone with me and still wouldnt work ive tryed mutilple plugs etc and still a no go so i gave it back to the original owner

just wonder if this power supply wont work what would they help me do as to getting a new cutter cause as everyone knows money is money and to waste 400 is like burning it

yes skeeter i know but what im trying to get at is people on here spend alot of there savings and businesses use alot of there profit on this site im really hoping the power supply gets approved but i havent heard nothing in 2 days but i do have to say that when i order something best better believe its heres on time everytime and i thank us cutter for that and there cheap shipping that they have that when down in this economy and the people up here who give words of wisedom when they are running 3-5 cutters at once and still take the time to post there opinions and the details they have took to get them this far. so from me to all who has helped THANKS!!!

so the power supply got approved today and is being shipped as i post and im hoping this is the problem if not he said he may have to send a new cutter... :( but any way im hoping this is it so i can get back on track

the drivers were really hard to find even ash computers spent 3hrs on the phone with me and still wouldnt work ive tryed mutilple plugs etc and still a no go so i gave it back to the original owner

did you go to the Master website on that? They have the drivers and the cables

http://www.masterwarehouse.com/help/

** New Windows 7 and Windows Vista Customers:

Old usb cable from your cutter, only works with windows 2000 and XP, it is not compatible with new Windows 7 and Vista system.

For working with new Windows 7 and Vista system (32bit and 64bit version), please purchase new USB cable (part# IO-232A) from our online store. Guarantee working. !

wow. I have had 2 master cutters and use them almost daily. They are my abuse cutters and go on the road with me to events also. They cut fast and loud. lol. I have never had any issue with any software not having drivers for them. They are accurate as hell. IMO the best stepper cutter on the market. The PCUT is a huge downgrade form them and will nowhere near perform as good as the one you almost had will.

Should of gave a shout out that you needed help with this unit other than running a patch cable.

And really there is no "drivers" per say. You might need a driver for your USB to serial is all.

well i did give a shoutout and ash done what he could to help me i could get it back i think but im not all there when it comes to computers cause i have no clue but thats the first im hearing of that site being i still have the keyspan and my old computer that has a serial cable but i dont have straight up internet so i really cant download them to that computer because they told me that im so many feet from one box that is full and the other box is so far away that it would be super slow

Well what software do you use to cut with? Signblazer and flexi both support the master cutters and if you have a serial cable then nothing else is needed.