RMDelete

Flexi 8.1 and Craft Robo Pro? Drivers??

I seem to have a very outdated version of Flexi (8.1) that does not have the proper drivers for my Graphtec CraftRobo Pro CE5000-40-CRP

I have tried looking online to see if I could download the proper files but can't seem to find them anywhere.... anyone have any suggestions? Are there alternative drivers I can use to get my plotter running properly?

I haven't actually tried running my plotter yet because I feel that if I don't have the right drivers I don't want to mess up... thanks guys!

There are no drivers in Flexi 8.1 for your cutter.

Better off getting Illustrator or Corel and download cutting master(free) from

the Graphtec site.

mark-s

Signblazer (all cutter version) shows Graphtec Craft Robo in it. Which would be a FREE software. Or possibly maybe the Graphtec CE3000-40 might work You have to switch your cutter to HP-GL to work with regular software Flexi/Signblazer etc.

Hmm.... I tried the CE3000-40 driver and it was sooo messed up... so then I resorted to using the craft Robo drivers that already came on the flexi and it blew up the images 2 x the size.... sooo when I send a cutjob of 3" it cuts out at 6"... which I guess is an easy fix since I can just send the cut job at 1/2 the size... so for now I suppose that is OK. I think I have to upgrade to the newer version of flexi but darn! Money is tight right now!! >_<

I am going to fool around with the software that came with my Graphtec Craftrobo pro... and see what happens.

Hmm.... I tried the CE3000-40 driver and it was sooo messed up... so then I resorted to using the craft Robo drivers that already came on the flexi and it blew up the images 2 x the size.... sooo when I send a cutjob of 3" it cuts out at 6"... which I guess is an easy fix since I can just send the cut job at 1/2 the size... so for now I suppose that is OK. I think I have to upgrade to the newer version of flexi but darn! Money is tight right now!! >_<

I am going to fool around with the software that came with my Graphtec Craftrobo pro... and see what happens.

I just use Flexistarter 8.6 with my Graphtec. Flexistarter 10 is out now. can be bought for about $130.00 You can design in inkscape FREE, just a thought. Did you just purchase, the Craftrobo? and did you get Signcut with it?

Hi Skeeter thanks! well I purchased this Graphtec Craft Robo Pro used on Craigslist from a local. It is out of warranty I am sure. It did come with Master Cut software (gotta look at my other computer for exact name) I just found someone selling Flexi on CL as well and asked them if it was compatible with my

CE5000-40-CRP her response was that CE500-40-CRP was compatible and that she saw it on the list of devices on her software... this scares me... because she said CE500 and not CE5000 so now I am wondering if there is a major difference between a CE5000 and a CE500 or if it was just a typo -_- but I go online and google it and something DOES turn out, this is soo confusing... I mean, I got the plotter to work with Flexi 8.1V1 but I am improvising using some regular old Craft Robo drivers (not Pro) so therefore I don't have the full functionality of the registration mark reading... geez.. I am still playing around with it... my ultimate goal was to get this plotter running perfectly so I could sell my old Master Desay plotter to make up some of my investment... but so far my Master Desay seems to make me feel more comfortable since it outputs EXACTLY what i ask it to on Flexi... instead of me having to do some math conversions for this Graphtec (which cuts waaaay better) but I want 100% functionality, I don't want to settle :( nor do I want to spend that much more $$ either (I can't have my cake and eat it too???) hahaha

Hi Skeeter thanks! well I purchased this Graphtec Craft Robo Pro used on Craigslist from a local. It is out of warranty I am sure. It did come with Master Cut software (gotta look at my other computer for exact name) I just found someone selling Flexi on CL as well and asked them if it was compatible with my

CE5000-40-CRP her response was that CE500-40-CRP was compatible and that she saw it on the list of devices on her software... this scares me... because she said CE500 and not CE5000 so now I am wondering if there is a major difference between a CE5000 and a CE500 or if it was just a typo -_- but I go online and google it and something DOES turn out, this is soo confusing... I mean, I got the plotter to work with Flexi 8.1V1 but I am improvising using some regular old Craft Robo drivers (not Pro) so therefore I don't have the full functionality of the registration mark reading... geez.. I am still playing around with it... my ultimate goal was to get this plotter running perfectly so I could sell my old Master Desay plotter to make up some of my investment... but so far my Master Desay seems to make me feel more comfortable since it outputs EXACTLY what i ask it to on Flexi... instead of me having to do some math conversions for this Graphtec (which cuts waaaay better) but I want 100% functionality, I don't want to settle :( nor do I want to spend that much more $$ either (I can't have my cake and eat it too???) hahaha

You have to watch someone selling Flexi on CL. ALOT of pirated software. Did you ask what version and if it came with the USB dongle? REAL Flexi has a USB dongle password. Without the USB dongle it is cracked, pirated. The CE5000-40 CRP was on my Flexistarter 8.6, but not on Flexistarter 8.5

Also did you get a FREE 1 year Signcut cutting software, with your Graphtec?

Just a thought make sure your cutter is on inches and not mm.....

hey there again! Hmm... yeah maybe it is a pirated software because I am looking everywhere online for information on if my plotter works with that particular version of flexi and I can't find anything on it. The software that I got with the Graphtec CraftROBO pro is ROBO Master-Pro and Cutting Master 2 1.30 I just prefer to use flexi... I am wondering though, the lady on CL did take me up on my offer of bringing over my own plotter and hooking it up to see if it would indeed work. Buuuut, I think I need to see what her screen is displaying to state specifically that it CAN use flexi... I don't want to get caught with Pirated software in my business HAHAHA that's quite possibly the last thing I need :)

as far as my plotter being set to Inches and not MM

hmm, I gotta RTFM on that one, but I am pretty sure that it is set on inches because since when it is set to cut 2" it actually outputs close to 4" and I am guessing if it were a MM conversion it would be more than three times the size. Because aren't there more than 30 MM x Inch? Or even CM hmm... gotta check than

Awwwww Shooooot.... now I am doubly confused -_- so I found this reference here

http://www.iifuture.com/shared/info/en/vm/supported_plotters_02.html totally DIFF program and it lists Graphtec Craft ROBO Pro as CE500-40

I quote

"Graphtec CC200, CE-500-40 (Craft ROBO Pro), CE1000..."

but I highly doubt this person's version of flexi is the right one.. bah I just have to consider upgrading :( but it's sooo pricey! OR I guess I have to deal with crappy interfaces :'(

what size is your CraftRobo? Isn't there numbers on your machine? There are different Craft Robos... What version is yours? Personally I would not spend $4000 for new Flexi software. Buy a new cutter instead.

Sounds as if the OP has the Craft Robo Pro, which is a CE5000-40. Basically a 15" version of the CE5000-60 with all the same features. I would say this would be a good candidate for corel and corresponding plugins, inkscape/signcut, or SignBlazer use depending on software familiarity and the computer it is being used on.

lol now that I see it THAT way... yeah right why would I drop more? Hmm.. it's a 15" cutter (more like 14.5") it's really "cute" compared to my other ugly plotter :) and I like the controller I can use on my PC to move it around a bit.

I am thinking maybe going by the FlexiStarter route, time to hit up the e-stores to see who has the best deal.

yeah that looks exactly like my plotter! Hmm.... I just find it weird that it can be listed under CE500 and CE5000 but I suppose it's the same thing. I found someone selling an authentic Flexi 8.6 for about $75 so I might just do that since I asked the seller and he said that this particular plotter was supported. At least this will get my plotter up and running I hope.

yeah that looks exactly like my plotter! Hmm.... I just find it weird that it can be listed under CE500 and CE5000 but I suppose it's the same thing. I found someone selling an authentic Flexi 8.6 for about $75 so I might just do that since I asked the seller and he said that this particular plotter was supported. At least this will get my plotter up and running I hope.

That would be a price for Flexistarter8.6, Not FlexisignPro. 8.6 unless they are real dumb :o .... did you ask?

In my Flexistarter8.6 it's listed under CE5000-40 CRP

yeah, well looks like FlexiStarter is it possible to run two different Flexi programs on 1 computer? do I have to have both dongles connected? LOL! I would need to get a usb splitter to get both dongles on... buuuuut... I suppose if all I am using it for is contour cutting after I have printed out the images on my color plotter, maybe flexistarter would be OK. I hope it's not too hard to learn.

Yes, You can have two different versions of Flexi,on a computer. but you have to have the dongle in to open it. It is the password.

Flexistarter is pretty ez. Not all the options of FlexiPro. It is just a cutting software basically.

..oooookey guys. I have another dilema... I was just offered a full version LXI 10 with donngle from another guy who had problems running his plotter with it. I checked and my robo pro is supported. Buuuut I just ordered myself the flexi starter 8.6

I heard that flexi and lxi are almost like twins... that so? The guy made me an offer to buy it for $100 which I think is possibly a steal. Can someone tell me if lxi really is like flexi and thus worthwhile getting (considering it is the latest version)

I don't know if they are the same etc , but I'm sure you could buy it & resell it for a good profit if nothing else . I would give you a good profit !

edit; 4 versions of LXi 10 - Apprentice-Expert-Master-Master Plus