Stuff4Toys

It's Been a Year, Sign Cut Expired, Now What???

Well I have had my cutter now for one year, Sign Cut told me that when I tried to open and do a job today.

I really liked how easy the transition between InkScape and SignCut worked, it was pretty seamless and really shortened the learning curve.

Now I am faced with buying a $270 Dongle or finding another solution.

Any suggestions on a good all around solution for design software and cutting software?

JOhn ><>

Just wondering what the options are. If there is one tool that will do both, I'll give it a try.

What I do in Inkscape is save the file as an eps to a folder. I open SBE and import the file. Size it then cut it.

I personally plan on buying SignCut..... Worth it with ease of weeding lines, resize etc... Can't go wrong.

As a hobbiest, I can understand not wanting to spend a bunch on a program if there is something else that will work. I am in the same boat. I don't even want to invest my time in to SignCut. Right now I have had my cutter for about a week, and I have yet to cut anything. I started playing with IS, and that seems pretty stable, and once I get to know it, I think it is pretty powerful. However, I've tried SB and every time I run it It ends up locking up at some point with a "Not Responding" message in Windows Task manager. Aggrivating to say the least. I'm running it on a Win 7 machine. I would like to load it on my laptop to see if there is an issue, but with all of the warnings about multiple loading, I don't want to get locked out of it, besides that wouldn't be the machine I'd use to cut anyway. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

(Please do not respond with offers to "fix" my computer for hourly fees!)

I'm just gonna respond to tell you , that you can download Signblazer on as many computers as you want. The software is no longer in business...owner passed away a few years back. It is a FREE unlimited trial, and there are several links in the Signblazer thread to download it...So go for it. THat advice was free of charge and this is mentioned numereous times on the this forum.

• Like 1

I know it's probably mentioned somewhere, but what driver should I use for SB and My Cutter?

Thanks, I may try loading it on laptop (also Win7). I also checked the version number, it is 6.0.17, though browsing through some of the forum, I have found mention of a v6.24. I have D/L'd a couple of versions from various links, so I may try some. I also tried to get a patch through this forum, but it was scrubbed via AV software.

Thanks for the support, I have to say I did get a response that offered to "help" in the introductions section, but it was a actually a solicitation from ash computers. Hence the added statement.

Thanks, I may try loading it on laptop (also Win7). I also checked the version number, it is 6.0.17, though browsing through some of the forum, I have found mention of a v6.24. I have D/L'd a couple of versions from various links, so I may try some. I also tried to get a patch through this forum, but it was scrubbed via AV software.

Thanks for the support, I have to say I did get a response that offered to "help" in the introductions section, but it was a actually a solicitation from ash computers. Hence the added statement.

the patch will show as a virus. It was made as a get around. It is good. Your welcome

• Like 1

I am sure the patch is good, as many ppl have attested to it. However i haven't been able to get it past AV software, it gets scrubbed out. I'll try again this weekend.

I am sure the patch is good, as many ppl have attested to it. However i haven't been able to get it past AV software, it gets scrubbed out. I'll try again this weekend.

The patch installed fine for me. However I have to program groups now One for SB and another for SB UK version

I really wish you would stop bad-mouthing Ash for offering you his HELP. You have been suffering, and complaining about it, for a while now. Obviously, from what you've described, he could have completely fixed you up on both computers in probably less than 20 minutes. Yes he charges for the service but he's very reasonable and very reliable and it keeps us from hearing the constant complaints! Just because someone offers to HELP you for a fee does NOT mean they are bad people. It very often means they do it for a living and do it right. Would you expect someone to make you a custom t-shirt for free because you were having problems doing it? Yes, it's the same thing. So go ahead and keep complaining about your computer problems and at some point it will get sorted out. But your complaining about Ash has past it's time...

• Like 2

The patch installed fine for me. However I have to program groups now One for SB and another for SB UK version

Use the UK version or you will have the nag screen.

• Like 2

I really wish you would stop bad-mouthing Ash for offering you his HELP. You have been suffering, and complaining about it, for a while now. Obviously, from what you've described, he could have completely fixed you up on both computers in probably less than 20 minutes. Yes he charges for the service but he's very reasonable and very reliable and it keeps us from hearing the constant complaints! Just because someone offers to HELP you for a fee does NOT mean they are bad people. It very often means they do it for a living and do it right. Would you expect someone to make you a custom t-shirt for free because you were having problems doing it? Yes, it's the same thing. So go ahead and keep complaining about your computer problems and at some point it will get sorted out. But your complaining about Ash has past it's time...

REALLY!, I am literally BRAND NEW to this hobby, and even newer to this forum (I only signed up about a week ago), so you MUST have me confused with someone else! I haven't described ANYTHING about my computer except that my very first install of SBE seems to lock up. On my very first (introduction forum) post, Ash replys "email me, I can help" Instead of any suggestions or help, I get a response from Ash to "fix" my computer for $65/hour and nothing more. I don't know him from Adam, so I was a bit put off by his solicitation. Apparently i am not the only one either. I never "bad mouthed" him, I just didn't want or need any more solicitations. I am a HOBBIEST, not a prefessional vinyl cutter.

I may be new to this forum, but I have been involved in many other forums both past and present. I don't think I should even have to defend myself over this, and this is the LAST WORD I will write about this.

I know it's probably mentioned somewhere, but what driver should I use for SB and My Cutter?

Which driver should I use for my US Cutter MH 871

Using the UK version of SB, I have no Refine or US Cutter drivers in the list. Where can I get them?

USCUTTER...support

• Like 1

Hey Stuff,

I just got the same cutter, and even though I have yet to cut anything. I loaded up the MH-721 dirver, and It seems to communicate with the cutter. I ran a cut to it with SC (without a blade), just to check, and it started "cutting".

Hey Stuff,

I just got the same cutter, and even though I have yet to cut anything. I loaded up the MH-721 dirver, and It seems to communicate with the cutter. I ran a cut to it with SC (without a blade), just to check, and it started "cutting".

Sure, it works great with Sign Cut Pro, but as the thread started out, It has expired. I am trying to get SB working now and there are no drivers for this cutter.