sandgink

Proof that US Cutter Rocks

Greetings all,

Here is a dragon I cut on my laserpoint 24 inch at speed 40 force 100 on on 3m scotchcal.

I still have it on the backer cuz I'm not sure what I am going to do with it.

all comments welcome good or bad.

Jake

post-16848-0-97785000-1309227578_thumb.j

Cool , how long did it take to weed ?

Impressive !!!

I have the LP also, that things a bad little sucker!!!! heheheehehehe

I put it up against the sign guy down the road with his graphtec and it looked just like his, he was in shock at what I paid for it weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haahahahahhaahahah

I have the LP also, that things a bad little sucker!!!! heheheehehehe

I put it up against the sign guy down the road with his graphtec and it looked just like his, he was in shock at what I paid for it weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haahahahahhaahahah

The only thing I wish it could do would be to perform a little more accurately and track a bit better... then again i guess thats what you pay for.

Greetings all,

Here is a dragon I cut on my laserpoint 24 inch at speed 40 force 100 on on 3m scotchcal.

I still have it on the backer cuz I'm not sure what I am going to do with it.

all comments welcome good or bad.

Jake

Any chance of sharing the geaphic for that?? What software you using with your cutter?

The only thing I wish it could do would be to perform a little more accurately and track a bit better... then again i guess thats what you pay for.

Your having tracking probs Vinyl?

Any chance of sharing the geaphic for that?? What software you using with your cutter?

I see your in Iowa, where abouts, (after posting the reply I saw you are in Des Moines) I use sign blazer trial. shoot me an email sandgink@gmail.com it's too big to post here.

Jake

Your having tracking probs Vinyl?

Yeah I do with the cutter, If you look in my gallery there is a picture of a store-front that I did for In Focus Studios, it was approximately 9' long. I cut it in 2 pieces to minimize waste since I was installing. I had probably a quarter inch of drift acrss the 4.5-5' sections that I cut... thats with pre-feeding and aligning my roll etc. I don't know whats causing it. I am beginning to believe the deck of my plotter may not be square to the carriage... as the further I get to the left side cutting it seems as if pressure drops, feeding isn't dead to rights good tracking wise and on another issue, ONLY when I am contour cutting, when the plotter gets within 1/16th from making the overcut to finish it decides to return to origin with the blade down across everything... no matter WHAT form of comms I am using.

I do not want to Hijack this thread at all... so please excuse my response!

Thread jacking is the natural course of conversation ... verbal or typing ... anybody gets upset about that is ridiculous .. ya aint 1 of the gang until ya thread jack here :) I doubt there is a thread on the internet that doesn't have some tangent .

Rodger, I agree 100%. We are here to HELP each other, and to ENJOY it while we do it weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thread jack away is our motto! If your not jack'in, you ain't living!!!!!

Wait, maybe I need to redo that statement? wwwwwwwwwhahahahhaahahahahaahahah

We have WAY to much fun in here heheheheheehhe :unsure::thumbsup:devil.gif

Amen..........if it wasn't for this forum I probably would never have advanced from hand lettering. I stumbled across this about 3 years ago and checked into US CUTTER, ordered one and have been hooked ever since. Since that time, I've only done 1 (one) hand lettered job,a van for a friend with an upholstery / flooring business. "Snitched" a lot of information and graphics since first looking at the forum and hope to be able to contributr and help in the future. Many thanks to all of you!!!

I had probably a quarter inch of drift acrss the 4.5-5' sections that I cut... thats with pre-feeding and aligning my roll etc. I don't know whats causing it.

I had the same problem before, if not worse. I cut a few the other day that were in the 4' range and what I did was load it, pre-roll / feed it, and then adjust only the far right hand pinch roller. I'd just loosen it and bump the vinyl a tiny bit and retry. Usually, in 3-4 small bumps I was spot on out to 4'. Not sure if that was exactly how you were doing it or not, but it's worth a try. It helped me get mine feeding really accurate.

I had the same problem before, if not worse. I cut a few the other day that were in the 4' range and what I did was load it, pre-roll / feed it, and then adjust only the far right hand pinch roller. I'd just loosen it and bump the vinyl a tiny bit and retry. Usually, in 3-4 small bumps I was spot on out to 4'. Not sure if that was exactly how you were doing it or not, but it's worth a try. It helped me get mine feeding really accurate.

While digging through some faq's trying to fix the ancient roland they have at work one of the Roland offical faq's states that drift is caused by the feed rollers. according to them always store the feed rollers up as this prevents them from getting out of round, if you do alot of long work, you might want to invest in a couple new wheels.

Jake