its_a_me_nicky@yahoo.com

Just getting started(South Texas)

Hi my name is Nick. I have been looking at doing this kinda work for quite some time. I used to make small vinyl grifics for PC's when I would build them with an old RoboCraft cutter. I have a bunch of friends that are into tricked out Rice Rockets and Rat Rods that said they would love to have me make the grifics for their car club and what not. As well as a local security company that wants me to do some lettering on the units they drive. I dont have alot of start-up capitol right now less than $500. I was looking at getting the MH series 34" cutter and the "sign shop in a box" kit to go along with it. Would this be sufficent start? I do plan on upgradeing to a Roland or a Suma as soon as i can afford it. Any advice i can get would be awsome. Thanks in Advance.

what is included in the " sign shop in a box " & price ? I suggest spending what money you have on the cutter & a roll of red , white & black Oracal 651 . a couple squeegees ( i started with a credit card :) ) . most everybody has the other stuff . If you get the spare money to get a Copam , i would advise that as it is in the professional category & doubt you would ever need to upgrade .

Sign Shop in a Box

Contains application and weeding supplies...plus vinyl!

This kit contains everything you will need to get started with your new cutter all in one convenient package. You will be creating great-looking signs in no time with the Sign Shop in a Box from USCutter.

Here's what you get.

Five 24" by 10 yard rolls of Greenstar intermediate vinyl: 1 roll each of White, Black, Orange, Green, & Light Yellow

A 24" by 6 ft. pre-finished banner blank

A 12"x100ft roll of Greenstar Classic Application Tape

A 5 pack of application squeegees

A 5 pack of Chizzlers-for vinyl removal as well as application in tight corners

A GAP weeding tool with ball tip

An X-Acto No. 1 knife

A package of 15 X-Acto blades

An 8 oz. bottle of Splash concentrate -- makes 1 gallon of application fluid

A chemical resistant spray-bottle

2 Rolls of 3/4" masking tape

and of course its from USCutter

Wow the same cutter is $30 cheaper if I order it direct form USCutter.com http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-MH-series-Vinyl-Cutter-_p_25.html. Ive had some real bad experiences ordering stuff from E-Bay so I dont do that anymore. The P-Cut they only have in stock at 24" and im sure ill need something larger for the grafics on the cars i will be doing.

A 24" will do 99.99 % of what is needed . unless it is a HUGE signshop , most shops tile bigger decals ( whatever cuter size they have until they make the whole decal ex' 24 " would take 3 tiles to make a 6' decal ). The guy near me has 1 that does 8" stuff ( printer/cutter ) .

Its not cutting right. it keeps cutting over its self

If you want help,, need more info than that. That could be alot of things. You need to explain exactly what your doing. What cutter? what software? Computer, cables, connection, file? Everything. Explain in detail what you are doing and what the cutter is doing.

I useing an MH 871, With The serial cable with both Sign Blazer and Signcut Im tring to cut the Skull.EPS from this thread. The cutter is off on the vertical axis by about an 1/8th of an inch.

there is a support section on www.uscutter.com

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/48/0/wrong-size-cuts--cutting-size-calibration

Spent almost 2 hours with Tech support Trying to fix the issue. To no Avail they did how ever offer to replace it at no cost to me including the return shipping.

I dont care what anyone else says most other companys would make you pay the return shipping and charge a 15% restocking fee

I also know the chances of getting two DOA products in a row are slim to none.

Thanks for all the help. :thumbsup: