livinloudgraphics

flexi 8.1 help

hey im trying to use flexi 8.1 with my new pcut and im trying to see how i can change my cutter in my list from my old one to the new cutter any ideas on how to??

what PC operating system are you trying to use the Flexi 8.1 on? It needs to be on XP on down. Flexi was not updated to Vista or higher until Flexi version 8.5

what PC operating system are you trying to use the Flexi 8.1 on? It needs to be on XP on down. Flexi was not updated to Vista or higher until Flexi version 8.5

Thats odd cause I can cut just fine with 7.6 in W7 with mine. Its the 8 bit rip drivers that dont work with anything higher. But cutting communication works just fine.

i mean im trying to change the name of my cutter i had a vinyl master xy380p and i bought a new pcut so i need to change the name of it so i can cut

It is a setting in the software . Many of the questions you have been asking has been answered many times . I suggest searching as much as possible & reading up to gain the knowledge :thumbsup:

• Like 2

i mean im trying to change the name of my cutter i had a vinyl master xy380p and i bought a new pcut so i need to change the name of it so i can cut

Don't you have a HELP button at the top of your main Flexi screen? Help Topics?. Every version of Flexi I have seen has it.

It is a setting in the software . Many of the questions you have been asking has been answered many times . I suggest searching as much as possible & reading up to gain the knowledge :thumbsup:

THIS is a negative post , huh :huh: Hilarious B) ... I am going to start owning up to whoever I give a negative to & explain why ... NOT to start a war , just so everybody can decide if they want negative rating votes or will adjust how they post . If I give ya a negative , don't take it as i don't like you , as I will not be biased . My 1rst negative vote was to Ash when he went on the rant about jury duty . he is a close buddy of mine now , but I'll give him another 1 if he gets rude & expect him to give me 1 if I am rude :) I wonder if anybody else will be as honest :huh: I am not going to adjust my posting perspective this time . I don't think I was negative , just giving good advice & wanting the OP to search a little instead of asking questions that have been answered a zillion times already . These questions get answers sometimes ( mostly by members who just got past that stage :) ) , but get passed over by many because of the redundancy & lack of effort by the member . When effort is shown by a member , they get much more help . :thumbsup:

Edit ; That post had a -1 rating when I posted :) .

• Like 3

In the set properties you can change the name of your plotter. However, just choose a plotter that closely fit your plotter language...whether it is HPGL or GPGL. Before Graphtec had drivers for Vista I used the FC7000 setting for my FC8000 to emulate. I had no issues.