cwbysfan3

Flexi Starter and CS5?

I just bought a Laserpoint 24, Flexi Starter and the Keyspan. Everytime I try to Import a eps or ai file to

Flexi it never shows up. It show the time box and it is importing something, but it dosen't show on screen.

I imported something once but it was some weird lines and shapes, not what i selected. I can design in Flexi

and cut just fine just not import. I am using a Imac. It has also crashed 6 times in the last week while in

Flexi. My Imac has never crashed before.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks

I just bought a Laserpoint 24, Flexi Starter and the Keyspan. Everytime I try to Import a eps or ai file to

Flexi it never shows up. It show the time box and it is importing something, but it dosen't show on screen.

I imported something once but it was some weird lines and shapes, not what i selected. I can design in Flexi

and cut just fine just not import. I am using a Imac. It has also crashed 6 times in the last week while in

Flexi. My Imac has never crashed before.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks

Are your ports set correctly?

Yea I can use flexi and cut just fine, I just cant seem to import anything from Illustrator.

If i design it in Flexi, it will cut ( assuming it won't crash )

I don't know what other settings or ports I would need to change for Illustrator

thanks

Illustrator CS5 to probably too new a version for Flexi 8.5Mac ......... Flexi windows is up to version Flexi 10.,.. Save your file back to an older version, like CS2 0r CS3 or CS4 then import it into Flexistarter8.5, MAC

I will give that a try, but isn't a .eps or .ai file the same reguardless?

Thanks

No, The versions are different.... I cannot import newer files either, Such as Illy CS5.... too new for my software. And I have windows Flexistarter 8.6.... Save it back to an older version.. Then import it.

I did not know that. Thanks I will give it a try!!!

Thanks again

I have had Illustrator CS2 since 2006 so my Illy works fine with my Flexistarter. Put not CS5. too new

I cannot even import a file that was made in Illy CS5 into Illy CS2 because it is a newer version.

OK, forgive my ignorance but I don't see how to revert back to save as an older version of CS. All I see is save as .ai, .eps., .ait, .pdf, .fxg, .svg and .svgz.

i honestly don't know how or where to look to find the older version.

I did try that, I saved it in CS3, and CS4 but still nothing. It acts like it wants to import the file but then the workspace stays blank.

I don't get an error message or anything like that. I just don't get it.

post up the file here converted to CS3 or CS4... maybe the file is not good.. I will see if I can import it into my Flexistarter

use the Full Editor and attach the file to your post

I did a real quick trace, to vector it. It is version Illy CS2.... just to see if you can import his one, Download it and import it into your Flexistarter. Needs cleaned up and new Text. You can vector your original in Your Illustrator CS5, and save it as an older version. Search for the fonts and replace it.

Zeusfacebooklogo1.ai

Thanks everyone for your help, a little update- Everything is cutting fine, I have to revert anything I create in CS5 to Illustator 8 to make it cut. Most everything has cut ok. I still have the problem of Flexi crashing my mac. I don't get that one. Also sometimes it will start cutting before I hit the SEND button. Kind of weird but at least most of it works fine. I wonder if buying the full verson of Flexi would make a difference?? I guess that's a $ 1000 question!!!!!