RED Z06

windows 7 driver

I have a MH871 and it will not work with windows 7 using a USB connection. Computer has no serial ports. Any ideas? The driver disk says it can not work.

Buy a Keyspan adapter. Can't speak from experience because I use the serial port, but everyone else suggests it.

• Like 1

I have a MH871 and it will not work with windows 7 using a USB connection. Computer has no serial ports. Any ideas? The driver disk says it can not work.

Hey RED, contact me, I can fix it for a small fee.

Email me

• Like 1

Hey RED, contact me, I can fix it for a small fee.

Email me

It seems alot of people on here including myself has this problem with Windows 7 with no serial port or com ports. I am scouring the forum and still cannot find a solution to the problem with the USB connection. I hear buy a Keyspan, don't need a keyspan, and e-mail me I can fix it for a small fee. Why can't they just put the answer to the problem on the forum! I am a super newbie, and just want my brand new cutter MH365 to work!

Sorry for the rant, but getting frustrated in Reno.

• Like 1

have you gone step by step thru the newbie manual? You could also put a support ticket into UScutter and get tech support.

http://www.customracingdecal.com/manuals/Noob-V4_9.pdf

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

I have gone through the newbie manual. I will have to try the support ticket with US Cutter I guess. I just thought it would be a good idea to have the solution put on the forum to save having to go the extra steps for the answer.

Thanks for the response.

alot of people have connected with windows 7 and no problems, it's done everyday, personally I don't upgrade, I stay back on an XP with XP backup computer, more stable, and can be found cheap on EBAY, you can find cheap XP desktops with serial port also, I have a computer that is totally dedicated to vinyl cutting. Nothing else. You will probably wish you had it on a serial port/KEYSPAN, before it's all over with, less dropping of data. The MH series cutters seems to also have limited memory, If it stops cutting large graphics you may want to purchase the 4 MB chip, goodluck.

• Like 1

It seems alot of people on here including myself has this problem with Windows 7 with no serial port or com ports. I am scouring the forum and still cannot find a solution to the problem with the USB connection. I hear buy a Keyspan, don't need a keyspan, and e-mail me I can fix it for a small fee. Why can't they just put the answer to the problem on the forum! I am a super newbie, and just want my brand new cutter MH365 to work!

Everyone can use a good rant now and then ;)

But you do have your own answer... Why do you think you do not need a Keyspan? If you actually read all the posts about any windows version and USB connections, the bottom line fix is a Keyspan (or similar) device and going to the serial port on the cutter. The USB connection will not be reliable no matter what you do, win7 or not. The "answer" has been there all the time, you quoted it and yet you want to ignore it. Got me? :blink::bear::P

• Like 2

in the above quoted , you state your problem is with windows 7 ... so it isn't your new cutter that is not working , it is the communication to it , correct ? Like Bear posted , the solution is on the forum ( many times ) . You have been given good advice from Skeeter , Bear & also Stetson who gave a +1 to Bear saying " buy a keyspan " . USCutter will help thru support tickets . If you don't have the inclanation or time , there are independant computer techs who offer their service as do many other business's on here that offer printing , t-shirts , snadblasting etc .

IMO , apologizing for rants is not realistic , as you don't have to click the " post " button & everybody can edit their posts . No problem being frustrated as most everybody including myself has been there , done that & gotten the T-Shirt .

Ok, I'm putting it for free on the forum as you requested, not that I haven't said it a million times already gessssshhhhh

BUY A KEYSPAN ADAPTER!!!!!!!!!

In your post you say you don't need one right off the bat.... then you turn around and say, "Will someone just post the "answer" on here......... It's been posted a zillion times already. If you need the work done quick email me, if you want to wait contact Uscutter with their support.

Did I say you "had" to use my service?:huh:??? No, I didn't, did I say you had to buy shirts from a printer/Vinyl person on here.... No.

If you want "free" work e-mail Uscutter, they can fix you right up man !!!!

If you are to tight to spend a little pocket change (My charges are hilarious BTW), then e-mail me to fix it asap..... simple answer as 1-2-3. Even a caveman can figure it out weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Your welcome for posting the answer for you, have a GREAT day! :blink:

• Like 1

Ok, I'm putting it for free on the forum as you requested, not that I haven't said it a million times already gessssshhhhh

BUY A KEYSPAN ADAPTER!!!!!!!!!

In your post you say you don't need one right off the bat.... then you turn around and say, "Will someone just post the "answer" on here......... It's been posted a zillion times already. If you need the work done quick email me, if you want to wait contact Uscutter with their support.

Did I say you "had" to use my service?:huh:??? No, I didn't, did I say you had to buy shirts from a printer/Vinyl person on here.... No.

If you want "free" work e-mail Uscutter, they can fix you right up man !!!!

If you are to tight to spend a little pocket change (My charges are hilarious BTW), then e-mail me to fix it asap..... simple answer as 1-2-3. Even a caveman can figure it out weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Your welcome for posting the answer for you, have a GREAT day! :blink:

OK, I will buy a keyspan! I didn't say I did not need one, I read some posts said to get one and some say you don't need one. I was just trying to figure out how to fix it. If it (keyspan) does not fix the connection problem then I will be E-mailing you for help Ash.

Thanks for the responses

No problem man, I just keep seeing these "I will fix it for a small fee" remarks.............. Take it to your "local" computer shop and see what they charge for half of what I do to a computer.

I service the whole thing.... slows me down a bit, but it's a great service for all of my customers..... speeds up their machine, and they are happy as pie.

I multi-task and average about 5 computers at a time. I've been doing computers for 30 years, trust me, my back speaks for me heheheheheheh

I know it bothers people when they buy a new cutter, printer, external drive, or about anything else you can imagine. They get it home, hook it in and then they have to take it to get whatever is wrong fixed.

Sucks, I know, but it's just like a car, it needs to be serviced at "least" every six months.

If people would spend a little bit of money, they could save a fortune in the long run with their computers, my local customers rarely have any kinds of computer hardware failure at all, because they bring them to me to service them regularly.

Most computer shops WILL NOT tell you to keep them serviced, because they want them to break down, that way you come and see them with your problems.

The way I look at it, if I take care of their machines, then I get 110% word of mouth advertising, and no out of pocket advertising expenses are ever needed.

Anyhow, glad I could help out.

• Like 1

Another MH 871 windows 7 USB problem

So buying a usb to serial adapter will fix the problem? I've got a Micro Center here in St. Louis is this what I need?:

USB 2.0 to DB9 Male RS232 Serial Adaptor Cable

or maybe:

USB to Serial RS232 Adapter

Is there anything else driver-wise one needs to do to get going once you have an adapter?

BTW the original problem I was having was that I get an error that said the Device driver software was not sucessfully installed when it comes to USCutter Series

post-19781-0-06621200-1316325300_thumb.j