xpfguy

how to get accurate font size cut

Simple example: If I type "Coach Jason" in illy

Send to cutter. cutmaster 2 / graphtec ce5000-60

Tell cutmaster 2 to cut artwork 2" tall.

The text always comes out shorter. It seems like it cuts the invisible text/edit box at 2" and not the actual text.

Any advice?

Thanks

Simple example: If I type "Coach Jason" in illy

Send to cutter. cutmaster 2 / graphtec ce5000-60

Tell cutmaster 2 to cut artwork 2" tall.

The text always comes out shorter. It seems like it cuts the invisible text/edit box at 2" and not the actual text.

Any advice?

Thanks

If you set the job size window to 2" that will be the size of the capitol letters. Now if you have any letters that drop below the line such as p,g,j, the part below the line is included in the 2"... all caps should be 2"

MM64 B)

If you set the job size window to 2" that will be the size of the capitol letters. Now if you have any letters that drop below the line such as p,g,j, the part below the line is included in the 2"... all caps should be 2"

MM64 B)

Sorry, but can you tell me when you say job size window are you talking about something in CM2 or Illustrator. If illy is that the "Artboard" size?

Sorry, but can you tell me when you say job size window are you talking about something in CM2 or Illustrator. If illy is that the "Artboard" size?

In CM2 cut/plot window... Also if you are using a Graphtec you need to change the language in the cutter from HP-GL to GP-GL

To cut from CM2... At least in the version I'm runningyou do

MM64 B)

outline the text type>create outline, highlight it all then use the transform dialog (window>transform) box to type in the height and that should do it, make sure the little chain is clicked on so it scales both height and width proportionally, but as MM64 says it depends if your doing lowercase or uppercase on what size the overall text will be

#1 on making sure your fonts are outlined