blakesgst

Signblazer stopped communicating with my MH871

Hey guys, just had something happen and am getting frustrated. I was cutting like normal today and made a mistake at one point with the vinyl i had loaded. The cut started, i realized what i had done, i pressed reset on my cutter and ever since that point i cant get anything to cut. I have re installed signblazer a couple times, powered things off and on, restarted windows, unplugged things, tried diff usb ports but no luck. I can cut in "Signcut" but am used to using signblazer and have my images setup for it there already, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Blake

I would double check the port settings to make sure they match . I have had them change when I was using USB . I went to serial cable & have not had any problems after that . Having a spare cable is good to trouble shoot .

I would double check the port settings to make sure they match . I have had them change when I was using USB . I went to serial cable & have not had any problems after that . Having a spare cable is good to trouble shoot .

Thanks Rodger, it appears to be something specific to signblazer though since i can get the cutter to work in other programs.

Blake

If the other program use a driver, they may actually search available ports for the cutter. There is always a chance of a USB port being assigned a different port number is you turn anything off (computer, cutter, etc.). You have to find out exactly what port your computer has assigned to the cutter and then match it in SB. If that doesn't help, then you might need someone to check the computer...

Thanks Rodger, it appears to be something specific to signblazer though since i can get the cutter to work in other programs.

Blake

Hey Blake .

Check on the settings in SignBlazer . On the cut screen , there is a set-up buttom in the tool bar .

Rodger

i concur with rodger.

as was said, cut screen, "set up" button, and make sure the port is set correctly. id say 90%+ chance thats the problem.