Sign in to follow this  
edge

Retail BETA testers for Signblazer?

Have we unwittingly become retail beta testers for Signblazer?

Issues cutting in landscape mode, unable to control Icons in the toolbar resulting in program shutdown, a need to implement a workaround to access the program help information.

I purchased the Laserpoint/SignBalzer package to cut, not to expand my knowledge of working out software bugs.

This may ruffle a few feathers, but it's something that needs to be said, as had it been said two weeks ago. I wouldn't be writing about it now...know what I mean? 

Guest Terry

I don't use it, but as far as I see it Flexi is no#1 for years. NEVER had any issues with ANY of our cutters. I use Illustrator and Corel to design and Flexi to cut and it NEVER makes a mistake.  I see 15 pages so far of problems on that forum post. Even simple things... Yes I can drag and move my icons top left right bottom etc... with 1second of the mouse.

Guest Terry

Well put, I myself don't like all the extra bells and whistles on some, your asking for problems. I like to design with a professional program then use just a basic cut program. Thats why I won't upgrade to flexi pro, I don't want the extras. Flexi and signblazer can NOT compete with a professional design like Adobe, so I just use Flexi basic. I have Flexi, WinPc and SignCut the winpc does everything but I still always seem to use the Flexi.

Have we unwittingly become retail beta testers for Signblazer?

Issues cutting in landscape mode, unable to control Icons in the toolbar resulting in program shutdown, a need to implement a workaround to access the program help information.

I purchased the Laserpoint/SignBalzer package to cut, not to expand my knowledge of working out software bugs.

This may ruffle a few feathers, but it's something that needs to be said, as had it been said two weeks ago. I wouldn't be writing about it now...know what I mean? 

lol

Have you used any Microsoft products? I still get 1 or 2 "critical" updates to my operating system every week. Why? Bugs....it is the software world.

Nobody on earth has the same programs loaded and same internal hardware, and same external devices hooked up, so how is a software developer supposed to deal with that? Through feedback from customers, and research, and trial and error. Happens with every single program out there. Every........program, all of 'em. Fact is, we are all retail testers for every program we buy or download.

SignBlazer is great when it comes to support and responding to feedback or errors that have popped up, so I can only commend them. Imagine ArtCut, or any other program for that matter, where you run into a problem and get ignored......

:rolleyes:

Guest Terry

WELL PUT AGAIN!!!

How many computers are used for something other than JUST cutting output? Mine is... No problems, I use a KVM switch for the other computer even to locate clipart online etc... This is going to be a long post, you aint seen nothing yet... Wait till Jerry sees this.  :rolleyes:

GREAT THOUGHT KEN

If signblazer did what Flexi does...put out a new and improved edition every year or two and expect you to pay 2K for it, It wouldn't be worth having. SB is good software because the developers are CONTINUALLY working to improve it,fix bugs,add things,etc.

Dollar for dollar, I'd rather have SignBlazer Elements over FlexiStarter anytime. More features,great support.

Thanks for the support guys.

Comments such a edge made are not justified.

the one thing we cannot control is rubbish computers.

And it appears that the sort of problems "Egde" is having may possibly due to hardware and his OS.

Are there any other users out there that has multiples of the same icon?

As Ken correctly pointed out even with MS, Vista has released it first BETA of SP1 for Vista.

And MS don't recommend you install it if you use your computer for anything critical.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Thanks for the support guys.

Comments such a edge made are not justified.

the one thing we cannot control is rubbish computers.

And it appears that the sort of problems "Egde" is having may possibly due to hardware and his OS.

Is there one single other user out there that has multiples of the same icon?

Yes, i thought so, none.

Does anyone else not know the difference between landscape and portrait modes?

No, i did not think so.

As Ken correctly pointed out even with MS, Vista has released it first BETA of SP1 for Vista.

And MS don't recommend you install it if you use your computer for anything critical.

We do our best here and WE HAVE INVENTED ALMOST EVERY TOOL IN EVERY SIGN SOFTWARE PROGRAM.

And even the great Adobe with Illustrator have copied stuff we have invented and put it straight into Illustrator.

Yes, this is true.

In other word these features were in SignBlazer first.

Often years before.

An example we released adjustable transparency of vector objects in 1995.

Not until 2001 did FreeHand release this feature.

We are the most copied vector program in the world.

Now we only get a few dollars for every copy of SignBlazer Elements sold with a cutter.

If we did not do this you would all be using ArtCut which can be bought for $2.00.

However if you all went out and bought SignBlazer Pro upgrade then we could hire more programmers.

However very few of you are prepared to spend even $500.00 on SignBlazer Pro.

SignBlazer is not beta software.

So Edge does not like SignBlazer i suggest that he goes and buys a copy of something else.

Then i don't think he would complain.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Bravo Jerry and well said! Last night I actually TRIED to put multiple buttons of the same on my toolbar. Couldn't manage it, even on purpose.

I have heard it said before...'a poor workman always blames his tools'

I myself have not upgraded to the Pro version of SB..simply because I haven't needed to YET...maybe the elements version is just TOO good. You could always do like Flexi with their Starter version..leave some very important element OUT so you would have to upgrade.

I defy EDGE or anyone else to name a sign cutting/design application that has anywhere near the support that Signblazer has...or any application at ALL. And in the end,Support is what COUNTS.

Jerry,...I also have been having the same issues as Edge, multiple icons,...shutdowns...No,  I don't believe my Dell is a "rubbish computer",....Don't you think you are a little harsh with your comments directed towards Edge?:rolleyes: I can understand where he is coming from,...it's frustration! At this time,  I don't have the time to work out "bug issues", so basically I did what you suggested,.....I went out and bought Sign-cut,...problem solved.  Maybe in the future,..when time allows, I'll look back into your software, but for now,....I'll cut vinyl with what's easy to use.

well.....  I do have multiple Icons after I tried pulling them from the tool bar to the "configure toolbar" window. I've got 4 or 5 R. guide buttons now, no biggy though. No shutdowns, no problems with help or with cutting in landscape mode.

maybe it has something to do with the version of SB...I have had mine now for about 9 months and have never had any of the problems others have had. I don't think I ever updated,but could be wrong.

I haven't updated either. i wouldn't have the multiple buttons if I would have read the help file first. LOL. I guess I misunderstood Jerry, I thought you could take off buttons .

Guest fivestar
:rolleyes: The old R.T.F.M. remedy.  Sorry couldn't resist.

...Comments such a edge made are not justified.the one thing we cannot control is rubbish computers.

Is there one single other user out there that has multiples of the same icon?

Yes, i thought so, none.

Does anyone else not know the difference between landscape and portrait modes?

No, i did not think so.

We do our best here and WE HAVE INVENTED ALMOST EVERY TOOL IN EVERY SIGN SOFTWARE PROGRAM.

And even the great Adobe with Illustrator have copied stuff we have invented and put it straight into Illustrator.

Yes, this is true.

In other word these features were in SignBlazer first.

Often years before.

An example we released adjustable transparency of vector objects in 1995.

Not until 2001 did FreeHand release this feature.

We are the most copied vector program in the world.

Now we only get a few dollars for every copy of SignBlazer Elements sold with a cutter.

If we did not do this you would all be using ArtCut which can be bought for $2.00.

However if you all went out and bought SignBlazer Pro upgrade then we could hire more programmers.

However very few of you are prepared to spend even $500.00 on SignBlazer Pro.

SignBlazer is not beta software.

So Edge does not like SignBlazer i suggest that he goes and buys a copy of something else.

Then i don't think he would complain.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

One only need look at the "how do I remove buttons' thread in this catagory from earlier this week to disprove your accusation that I am the only one with this problem, and one can clearly see you responded to that concern started by someone else prior to this response.

You may recall you clearly stated ' ... To change your icons or button on the tool bar in SignBlazer is simple. Just RH Click on the tool bar. Then drag on or off the buttons you want to change. You can even drag them into different positions.' Remember, that was before you started backpedaling with'...I am not sure how you can have duplicate buttons as this should not be possible....' '...If there are duplicates then simply add more buttons of your choice until the ones you don't want are at the end.'

You probably also forgot the 'Can't stay in landscape mode.' thread also started by someone else that you addressed back on 1/22/08 when you stated 'I've just checked this and it looks like there is a problem with cutting a print that has been done in landscape. Until we can get this fixed I suggest that instead of printing in landscape mode, you rotate your artwork through 90 degrees before printing and cutting.' So you've stumped me with this comment 'Does anyone else not know the difference between landscape and portrait modes? No, i did not think so.'  as I'm not certain I understand what point you were attempting to make with that gibberish.

I guess you got too caught up in your lengthy dissertation to address why the help feature does not function. It would have been a bit more reassuring to hear you say your staff is constantly working to correct and improve on any issues. But that's ok... I know everything I stated to start this thread is based on fact and I believe once others see how you chose to reply with conjecture and aspersions to discredit valid concerns they will be able to make a more informed decision.

I do believe they are constantly working to correct and improve on any issues. Some of the best support and correspondence I have had with any software manufacturer. Some of the best software you will find for the money spent, just like our cutters.

We do also offer SignCut if you do not find SignBlazer to be a good fit.

:rolleyes:

Maybe i was a bit harsh.

And i do owe an apology.

We do get a lot try and trash us under various names

Not that this would happen here.

However this multiple icons thing has never happened since the first release of the icons in 1993.

So it is something that has just occurred.

Non repeatable bugs are the hardest to find.

In fact until you can reproduce a bug you just cannot fix it.

We will be looking into it.

So bear with us and we will eventually find an answer.

In the meantime what would help is anyone with this bug tell us the following to see if there is any common factor.

1. What CPU are you using

2. How much RAM do you have

3. Brand of video card and how much memory is on it.

4. Version of Windows?  And have you installed SP1 for Vista

5. What resolution is your screen being run at and the size of the screen.

6. Have you installed the drivers that came with you video card

The last one above is often the cause of many problems with display.

In other words the incorrect drivers or just generic drivers are being used with top end video cards.

So those of you who are having problems with multiple icons the above info is essential for us to start finding an answer.,

I strongly suspect it is a video card thing or not?

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Jerry

Though he hasn't bothered to post here,apparently the problem is solved :

"Got my Xtra Icons sorted out by just reloading SignCut"...Edge

is what he posted in another thread today. I assume the 'signcut' was a typo unless he had both and somehow signcut was conflicting with signblazer.

It does it on mine.

Intel P4 1.6 Ghz

1 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce 2 MX/MX400 128 MB with up to date driver

Windows XP SP2

22" monitor with resolution at 1680 x 1050

I just considered it more of a nuisance that anything.

Edge says in another post today that he has cured his problem with multiple icons

How?

He says he reinstalled SignCut

Anyone else?

Is this the common thread that SignCut causes this multiple icon problem?

Jerry from SignBlazer.

I know for a fact that when I had signblazer and signcut both installed on the same machine, I had driver conflict problems and others reported the same problem. I (and at least one other user) couldn't get SB to cut at all without opening Signcut first.So,anything is possible.

Hello

Edge has posted else where that by reinstalling SignCut that the problem of multiple icons in SignBlazer was fixed.

Does he mean SignBlazer or did he really mean SignCut?

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Jerry

I sent you an email, but did not send computer details

processer  AMD 1.09 ghz

ram          1.5 gig

video        NVIDIA nForce  64 meg

display      1152 x 864

Windows  XP Home SP2

Please forgive me for interjecting in the Signblazer forum and this is not meant to contradict or demean Signblazer or its users in anyway.

Trust this, Signcut in no way affects or effects signblazer. I run virtually every piece of sign software distributed commercially over the past ten years. Signcut operates fine on all of my machines including those that are I have signblazer installed on. Signcut does not operate outside of the signcut folder in your programs directory. If anyone has any concerns about signcut and compatibility please feel free to contact me either through pm, email kimon@livesignsupport.com, or by phone 1-877-7letter.

Additionaly any problems with signcut may be posted here in the signcut forum, or on our website through our users ticket system, or even by using our live support feature which we attend 7 days a week, and in the US from 6am - 10pm cst. The rest of the time it is staffed by one of our 3 offices overseas. We will work swiftly to answer your questions or concerns.

Kimon

I wasn't suggesting that Signcut itself was the problem in my case. Just the fact that both were installed on the same computer. You can say what you will,but here is the fact:

After I installed Signblazer, it WOULD NOT COMMUNICATE with the cutter unless I opened Signcut FIRST and made one cut. Then Signblazer would cut. I spoke with another forum member who had EXACTLY the same problem. We both solved the problem by changing the driver in Signblazer to another driver other than the refine driver.

I left signcut on my computer ,but ther user uninstalled hers,and the problem went away and she could go back to the refine driver.

Maybe it's a matter of ports,driver conflict...whatever...and not something actually in Signcut itself,but the fact remains that the two would not co-exist together on my computer or hers. Maybe we are not computer savvy enough (in spite of the fact that I was a comp tech for 4 years and tried everythiong in that area that I knew how).

I posted the problem and so did she,and nobody had a clue. I don't think you were here then,Kimon.

And there it is.