Sign in to follow this  
gg

Sign Scam: Beware

I recieved a email yesterday for a banner quote (see below), I sent the guy my vitual business card, he called me spoke very broken english, he asked if I accepted Visa M/C I told him no and he hung up..

Hello

My name is Rev Jackson and I want to make a purchase of Banners and here below is the Artwork I want on the Banners.

I want the Banners to be white background and blue lettering , here is the size I need 3X8, get back to me with the grand total excluding shipping, and I'll make payment to proceed with the Order and also let me know price and the surcharges for using visa or master card for payment.

Thank you and I'll be looking forward to hear favorably from you. Can i have yor phone number and i will call you as soon as possible.Dont forget to include your name and phone numbers as well.

Best Regards,

Rev Jackson Morrison

I recieved this email from another sign shop in my area warning me of the scam,

FYI- This is a scam we see on a daily basis. They ask for banner info and quotes, but ask you to use a private carrier (shipping charges are in the $3000 range). The card # he gives you will come up as

This scam has been going around for a while now -- Everyone needs to watch these guys as they will clean you out!!!

Arn't computers fun.... :crash:

thanks...I guess they have found us at last.

Remember the old saying 'if it sounds too good to be true,it probably is.'

I put an ad on Craigs list and got a similar email. Like Bannerjohn said if its to good to be true....  He was wanting like 10,000 flyers and letterhead to start a church.