Sign in to follow this  
south125dealer

PE vs LE

what are the major differences? and which ones are suitable for(in terms of model plotters and type of work to be used in) im sorry if this has been posted alreasdy, didnt find it and havent activated my software yet.

Hi,

During the first evaluation month your SignCut-X2 will run in the PE mode, that is the only mode available when you subscribe. HOwever as you have PE you are also able to emulate LE. That option is found under the HELP menu.

The most important features that most people use to ask for and those who have them never will loose again, it is weeding lines and step by step cutting, rotation and mirroring, just as decal contour cutting.

In fact, so far about 86% has been choosing a subscription, 12% did choose SignCut-X2 PE with a dongle and just about 2% the LE-version.

Honestly we thought that the LE-share should become much more than that but now I do interpret the real outcome as that people find that we offer these extra abilities at a very affordable cost.

A dongle is a security key that plugs in to computer allowing you to run signcut licensed without an internet connection.The pe version has to be online when the check for the valid license.A dongle gives you more protability with your software and cutter.You can throw a laptop and some vinyl and your cutter in the back of a hearse and take it to car shows or any outdoor gathering,setup up the laptop and cutter through a pwoer inverter and set their and make money!

How do i buy a doggle ? what is the cost ?

thanks , Rodger Myers ( have not registered Signcut yet ;D

We sell the dongle version for $250, which is $100 less than SignCut has it listed for on their site.

At what point does SignCut X2 authenticate your license? when you start the app or when you try and cut?  It would be nice to be able to take my laptop and cutter to say a car show or a flea market and make stuff on the fly, but apparently you need an internet connection to verify your software.

Could I open the app while I'm at home, sleep the computer, take it somewhere without internet and wake the laptop to make cuts without internet?

I understand the need to authenticate the software periodically to prevent pirates from stealing the application, but this requirement I think is a little steep.  I'm just a hobbyist and I don't really care to fork over $250 or more for the dongle version, since it doesn't really provide any features that you can't get elsewhere.

I'm on a mac, so I don't really have a choice.  Does anyone know if other signcutting apps will work Okay using parallels desktop on a mac? 

hiya

you could try Signgo ( google it ) it can't be any worse than x2,

please appreciate i am a noob at this but i find x2 quite difficult to use at times and it infuriates me with silly little things like opening a folder you have to navigate to it every damn time >.. grrr

Also there is no warning dialog box when saving an .sc file that has another file of the same name, and if exporting to x2 from x4 corel as an ai file you get odd vertical cut lines ?? this doesnt happen if exporting in .wmf

regards

Richard

Signcut will run without an internet connection for about two weeks but we advise our users to try to connect to the internet weekly and then launch Signcut to avoid dropping into test mode. So Signcut will work fine for your needs at car shows and fairs.

The Dongle version is a purchase and not a subscription. It does not expire and you may run it on any machine Mac or PC as long as the dongle is present.

Signcuts latest version Signcut Productivity Pro(free upgrade to current users) will prompt you if you try to save the file in the same directory if that file name already exists. You may also set the default open folder to any location you want, then of course if you have subfoilders you can eithe rset them as your default open folder or drill down to them.

Your export from Corel file problem is a Corel export default setting problem. You should set the defaults by manually exporting once from Corel as an ai file with text converted to curves and compression off to version 8 or lower compatibility. Once you have done that you should no longer have an issue.

You may download a trial of the new version here www.signcutpro.com/trial.html register for and download the trail and once installed send us both your old and new license numbers to support@sc-x2.com and we will transfer your subscription over at no charge.

Should you have other questions feel free to post them and we will try to answer them but if you have further problems or a real support issue the best source for support is to email us at support@sc-x2.com

hi Kimon

i did say i was a noobie at this and the issues I am having I realize are most likely of my ignorance :-)

and i thank you for the solutions to my worries. Those vertical cut lines that appear have been driving me mad hehehe

Having said that, you guys do seem to listen and take onboard the comments people make. I can't speak for other people but knowing that you guys listen even to the novices like me is very refreshing.

I know it's not cheap to offer such good support but long may it continue.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

regards

Richard,UK