Hummer

Just to say hello...

I am also new to this forum. Great information and suggestions and some major talent! I purchased an AIP 28 inch plotter and WinPCSIGN software which I am currently trying to figure out. After reading many posts, I have noticed that no one seems to talk about the plotter that I purchased or the software. Does this mean it is garbage?

I seem to be having difficulties in opening zip files. I currently have Illustrator in my computer which is not working, so all the zip files that I download try to open in this program. I can't seem to be able to un-install Illustrator, but I will keep trying. Is there a program that I should install that will help me un-zip zip files and if so, what would that program be? The next problem I have is that I don't know where to store these opened files. Any suggestions.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

a zip file is a compressed version of any file type (it is "zipped up"). this is done to save space while transferring files over the internet or removable media, even for archiving purposes. zipped files can contain one file, multiple files and folders, and even maintain folder and sub folder structures. you can unzip files in windows by right clicking on the file and there should be an option which says "extract here", or something similar. The resulting file is what you want to open in illustrator, assuming that the original compressed file is a format illustrator supports.

a zip file is a compressed version of any file type (it is "zipped up"). this is done to save space while transferring files over the internet or removable media, even for archiving purposes. zipped files can contain one file, multiple files and folders, and even maintain folder and sub folder structures. you can unzip files in windows by right clicking on the file and there should be an option which says "extract here", or something similar. The resulting file is what you want to open in illustrator, assuming that the original compressed file is a format illustrator supports.

it sounds like you may also have a file association problem. if when you double click a zipped file, it automatically launches illustrator and tries to open the file, than this is the case. The article below shows how to fix this.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/315/315812.html

Thank you all sooooo much for your help and suggestions. I will give them all a try and get back to you. Thank you again.

What do you think about WinPCSIGN software? Have any of you heard of A.I.P. plotters? I am from Ontario, Canada and I can't seem to find anywhere, that doesn't cost a fortune in shipping and handling, to buy vinyl from. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for all your help. BRILLIANT!