synweap223

What type vinyl for electro-etch templates??HELP!!

Hi everyone!!

Total noob here, just getting started, and would like to know what type of vinyl would be good for use to make electro-etch templates?? These will be used to electro etch marks on knives, tools, and other metal objects. Its would have to be adhesive but not permanent, but also be fairly easy to remove from the backing with the transfer sheet. Gearing up to place an order, and checking out the free samples as well, and any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!! :thumbsup:

any vinyl will work - you are just protecting the unetched metal from the process

I'm using a silhouette SD, and tried the stock 3mm vinyl from US cutter recommended for the unit. The stuff cuts and weeds well enough. I'm also using Greenstar clear transfer tape, but the transfer tape has better adhesive than the vinyl!! Its lifting/moving the templates and stretching/distorting them badly. Any other vinyl suggestions ?? I need something with a LEAST the same adhesive qualities as the Greenlee clear transfer tape. ANY help with this is GREATLY appreciated.Thanks!!

I buy medium tack transfer paper ( using Oracal 651 mostly ) . They sell it in low medium & hign tack . Try low tack .