Metal Markers

Corel to Signblazer

Hi all,

I've got Corel for my design. I've converted the font to curves, tried combining, lines into objects, grouping, you name it

I've tried it. When I paste my drawing into Signblazer my objects move. Some have even duplicated.

And ideas what to try next?

Design in SB . It can design/alter anything I hace come across .

Do you "cut & paste" into SB? I've done most of my work in Corel (X3), export them out to EPS files and then import them into SB with no problems.

Now, I did have one graphic that got duplicated 100% on top of itself and I don't know where or when it happened. Only noticed when the cutter cut everything twice. So right now I can't blame Corel or SB, but it happened once on me. Other than that, I've had no problems with either text or graphics...

I tried to but I didn't figure out how to import into sign blazer from my desktop. Maybe I have to save the file in the My Documents folder?

I've never seen a program try to import the way SB was trying.

I tried to but I didn't figure out how to import into sign blazer from my desktop. Maybe I have to save the file in the My Documents folder?

I've never seen a program try to import the way SB was trying.

It is in the SB section that is on the home page . has been covered many times . :)

Contrary to many windows users, I never use the "desktop" to store anything. Goes back to my old DOS days...

I have a folder called 'stencils' (named originally from my airbrushing stencil work) that I keep all the artwork in, with many subfolders such as 'animals', 'holidays' etc... I import and export into those folders. SB imports and exports just like any other program from the 'file' menu. You can select any folder and drive you want after choosing 'import'. Same thing when exporting from Corel. Make and use your own folders to keep things organised.

I've been looking, I promise. It looks like it wants to import an entire folder instead of a file, and it won't let

me page up to the desktop.

I am not real good at exporting or importing , but i do it .. some things i have problems & get stumped . I design most of my stuff from scratch & mostly import from a cd or the folder named EPS a computer expert ( Ash Compter ) set up for me .. He made it so easy a caveman & me can do it :). Watching what he does remotely also teaches me how to do things myself . As long as he doesn't drink alot of coffee & tries to go slow so i can try to follow :)

I think if you click on the folder , you can import what you want instead of the whole folder .. what is what I watched Ash do & I lerned it :) .

The .eps imported but it has 4 duplicate lines. So the plotter is cutting 4 times. I'll have to track down where the lines are coming from.

I hope it's in the art work and not in the importing!

The .eps imported but it has 4 duplicate lines. So the plotter is cutting 4 times. I'll have to track down where the lines are coming from.

I hope it's in the art work and not in the importing!

Look at in in SB wire frame and that may help and just delete the other layers

• Like 1

or select & drag & see if there are duplicates on top of each other . delete or move until you are at 1 .

Hi all,

I've got Corel for my design. I've converted the font to curves, tried combining, lines into objects, grouping, you name it

I've tried it. When I paste my drawing into Signblazer my objects move. Some have even duplicated.

And ideas what to try next?

Hello to all and Im new to tis forum.

This is what I do...

Before Exporting to .EPS select everyting and remove all the line properties to "none".

example:

if you make a red circle with a hairline properties,

it will export a red circle and a hairline circle with no color properties over it.

this is why it appears double and cuts twice.

So make a red circle with no hairline. (or line properties.)

this works for me and I hope that it works for you all too.

Regards.

Hello to all and Im new to tis forum.

This is what I do...

Before Exporting to .EPS select everyting and remove all the line properties to "none".

example:

if you make a red circle with a hairline properties,

it will export a red circle and a hairline circle with no color properties over it.

this is why it appears double and cuts twice.

So make a red circle with no hairline. (or line properties.)

this works for me and I hope that it works for you all too.

Regards.

That is excellent advice :thumbsup:

This is almost always forgotten when Corel advice is given.

I copy/paste curves from CorelDraw X4 into SignBlazer 6.0.17.

When I do this the curves will have thickness (i.e. a straight line will be a rectangle).

If I copy/paste a rectangle, then I will end up with two rectangles offset by the line thickness.

I can copy/paste the rectangle correctly if I fill the rectangle and eliminate the outline.

So it is clear that SignBlazer is treating outlines as objects with thickness rather than just a line.

I would prefer to copy/paste curves rather than filled objects. Any thoughts?

Also, I have found that the copy/paste doesn't always work. When this happens I export as a EPS and then import into SB.

there is some more info here www.mystat.com

If Corel creates an object with a pen line and a fill, you get a line around your object.

After creating your objects, select them all and choose NO pen line.