theishkid

BOOM! POW!

Hello my name is Brad. I'm from the Oklahoma City area. I use to work at a sign shop right out of college for about a year and then moved on to video and animation work. I've been out of the business for the past 4 years but I really really miss the vinyl cutting. I'm thinking about buying a new plotter here in the next few hours/days. I've been lurking around the forums for about a month now, but I just decided to sign up.

Welcome man!

Get you a LP cutter hheeheheh

If you need anything, just slap Rodger heheheeh :thumbsup:

Welcome man!

Get you a LP cutter hheeheheh

If you need anything, just slap Rodger heheheeh :thumbsup:

Hey don't forget the keyspan....ASH your slipping here... :D

Slipping isnt the word for it Stet .. he has drank way too much coffee this am & is spinng so fast he is lifting off the ground a bit . FouASh ... put the coffee cup down & breath slow ... relax... breath slow...relax :D

Thanks for all the welcomes... I'm going to grab a 24" PCut. I don't really have a need for the laser... I don't think. And I'm on a mac so I will definitely be getting the keyspan. My biggest question now is if I should get flexi or not. I thought flexi starter would do outlined two color text but apparently it doesn't.

Thanks for all the welcomes... I'm going to grab a 24" PCut. I don't really have a need for the laser... I don't think. And I'm on a mac so I will definitely be getting the keyspan. My biggest question now is if I should get flexi or not. I thought flexi starter would do outlined two color text but apparently it doesn't.

you can import multi colored designs in Flexi for Mac, and cut them. but not design them in the 8.5 Mac version. Flexistarter 10 for windows does that feature.

I would recommend SignBlazer or Inkscape before Flexi Starter . I started with Inkscape & SignCut , but when SIgnBlazer came out .. it was great , easy & could cut from it also . I bought Flexi Starter & did not like it anywhere near SIgnBlazer . I lent Stater to a member & she did not like it either & thanked me for saving her the money the starter costs . I use SignBlazer & am happy with it .

I'm on a mac and I've got CS5. I will be doing most of my design in Illustrator and just need something to do simple text and a way to get the design to the plotter. The only thing I'm really going to miss with flexistarter is doing 2 color text easily like I use to do in flexiExpert.

I'm on a mac and I've got CS5. I will be doing most of my design in Illustrator and just need something to do simple text and a way to get the design to the plotter. The only thing I'm really going to miss with flexistarter is doing 2 color text easily like I use to do in flexiExpert.

CS5 is what I have :thumbsup:

Welcome!

Don't underestimate how awesome it is to contour-cut your own printed decals! You're an artist like myself, and trust me consider this carefully. Imagine, you make your own character, print it with a nice Epson WF1100 on special vinyl paper and contour-cut it on an LP24, and then sell it or keep it for yourself. Any artist should consider this carefully when choosing a cutter.

I recommend a close look at the Laserpoint 24! I contour-cut all the time, for business and fun and will be printing and cutting some Z-Brush characters (that I sculpted) as decals soon. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome!

Don't underestimate how awesome it is to contour-cut your own printed decals! You're an artist like myself, and trust me consider this carefully. Imagine, you make your own character, print it with a nice Epson WF1100 on special vinyl paper and contour-cut it on an LP24, and then sell it or keep it for yourself. Any artist should consider this carefully when choosing a cutter.

I recommend a close look at the Laserpoint 24! I contour-cut all the time, for business and fun and will be printing and cutting some Z-Brush characters (that I sculpted) as decals soon. ;)

Ok, for once I agree with NUK :unsure:

ehheeheh :thumbsup:

Just want to thank everyone real quick. I just placed my order for a 24" PCut! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in a few days. Hope it gets here by Friday!