Sign in to follow this  
Fireflynj

cut segments in order?

I don't know if there is such thing or what to call it.

is it normal that the cutter cuts part of letter then feeds the vinyl to other end to cut some letters there then goes back to finish that letter?

it seems to be a waste time cutting things all over the place randomly instead of staying on one side of roll and work its way up.

there a way to make cutter cut all letters from the beginning of roll and work its way up?

Thanks

I don't know if there is such thing or what to call it.

is it normal that the cutter cuts part of letter then feeds the vinyl to other end to cut some letters there then goes back to finish that letter?

it seems to be a waste time cutting things all over the place randomly instead of staying on one side of roll and work its way up.

there a way to make cutter cut all letters from the beginning of roll and work its way up?

Thanks

yes, in Flexi you can click TILE, It will not cross cut your design and make individual sections, Just cut in the first area and advance to the next area and so forth until it reaches the end of the design, You can adjust the inches of what you want to cut in even sections. I use it all the time for long stripes.

What software are you using?

LXi Apprentice (Flexi light 8.6)

I also have CorelDraw x5 but have not used it to cut, I only used it for editing.

I don't think its Tile, it cuts part of a letter not finishing it, goes cut some other letter and comes back to finish that letter later.

Thank you

Sorry I do not know LXi at all....But with other programs there is a way to sort the order in which cuts are made....You might have to look at all the tools and see if there is a sort order function...Apprentice is the lowest version so it may not have all the functions higher versions have...

I found this on the Flexi site....

http://www.saintl.biz/files/FlexiHelp/3740.htm

I also have CorelDraw x5 but have not used it to cut, I only used it for editing.

I don't think its Tile, it cuts part of a letter not finishing it, goes cut some other letter and comes back to finish that letter later.

Thank you

LXI Apprentice is like Flexistarter, which is what I use. Vinyl cutters cut in random order, not right straight down the line. Unless you tell them to. Why is it a problem with your lettering cutting that way?

Corel is not cutting software, only design software.

Thank you

LXI Apprentice is like Flexistarter, which is what I use. Vinyl cutters cut in random order, not right straight down the line. Unless you tell them to. Why is it a problem with your lettering cutting that way?

Corel is not cutting software, only design software.

I also cut some text by tiling, example this 4"H x40"L text It will cut as 3 sections(As I have it set on this) but all the text will be together, not cross cut thru. You can change how you want the sections divided. It will start with cutting the letters in the first section,the skeet and part of the e then advance and cut all the letters in the 2nd section, then cut the letters in the 3rd section, and all the lettering will be 1 decal. Like a windshield banner. That's how I do it. No vinyl shifting all the way back and forth. Just advancing from start to end.

post-3058-0-78517300-1300576013_thumb.jp

Optimize cutting order

When this option is not selected, the objects are cut or plot in the order they were created. When selected, the software processes the objects within the specified section of length before moving to the next section.

This is from the link I posted above. What does this do?

Optimize cutting order

When this option is not selected, the objects are cut or plot in the order they were created. When selected, the software processes the objects within the specified section of length before moving to the next section.

This is from the link I posted above. What does this do?

on my Graphtec, It does nothing, Which Is why I use the tile, that works great. and it really does the same thing and you get the same results. Optimize cutting order is in the advanced tab, You can try it.

Optimize cutting order is already on and set to 10"

I will experiment with some lower numbers.

only problem I had was something shifted along the way and some cuts did not line up.

but, it might of been because I did not have pinch rollers tight enough.

I will be paying more attention.

Thanks

only problem I had was something shifted along the way and some cuts did not line up.

Thanks

well the tiling that I showed you, is the same results as optimizing the cutting order. It does NOT make individual tiles, unless you want it to do that. It just cuts everything in the first section and moves on until all sections are cut.

So in the tile mode when an object staddles 2 or more tiles does it cut the complete object or does it cut the part that is in one tile and then the part that is in the other tile?

So in the tile mode when an object staddles 2 or more tiles does it cut the complete object or does it cut the part that is in one tile and then the part that is in the other tile?

it cuts everything in one tile, up to the tile line. then advances to the other tile,to the end tile. And all design lines are connected. My main reason for using it is, Perfectly cut stripes, and using extra smaller pieces of vinyl like 6" x 50" to make 4" x 40" windshield banners. I don't tile regular designs when cutting, because they always cut perfect. Just let then cut as normal. It just makes using smaller pieces of vinyl easier to use, you don't have to line the vinyl up quite as perfectly. Because the vinyl is not going to be moving ALL the way from the start end of the vinyl to the end and back. It just progresses thru each tile to the end, then your done.

But the problem the OP is having is that there is an alignment problem between tiles.....

So getting the other way of doing this working might be a better option.....

But the problem the OP is having is that there is an alignment problem between tiles.....

So getting the other way of doing this working might be a better option.....

He is not even tiling, he is just cutting and said the vinyl shifted. Thinks his pinch rollers were loose on the vinyl. So it didn't finish the letter right.

his post

Thanks

ok....Missed that part.....

While I have been following this thread I have been learning how the sorting works in Great Cut.....Kind of neat how you can rearrange the order...This can be automatic or completely manual...The file I have open right now has over 1200 objects so manual sort is nearly impossible...

ok....Missed that part.....

While I have been following this thread I have been learning how the sorting works in Great Cut.....Kind of neat how you can rearrange the order...This can be automatic or completely manual...The file I have open right now has over 1200 objects so manual sort is nearly impossible...

like I said, I don't use it all the time, But when I do, it works great for what I need to use it for.