AshComputers

Buy A Keyspan When You Order

I got a serial adapter. I have a UScutter SC and I use sure cots a lot pro on my laptop. I hooked up the serial adapter and went to due a test connection and then nothing. I went into device manager and updated the driver and everything. Still nothing???

was it a keyspan or other brand?   lots of other brands have been proven not to work by members  on here.   swapping the flaky chipset in a value cutter for a flaky chipset in a cheap serial adapter get you nowhere 

That is correct,  It is stated here a zillion times to get a REAL Tripplite Keyspan Adaper or a Belkin,  those are the only 2 that tech support suggests to use.  Others just don't work with a vinyl cutter.

• Like 1

Made by PNP.

So 3 different times in the other posts, Forum members told you to ONLY get a real Tripplite Keyspan Adapter,  and you didn't do that?   And now you want help.. Why are you here if you don't want to listen to the help you are given?   It is written a zillion times on this forum to get a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin... Others do not work with a vinyl cutter...

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/48064-help-what-is-going-on-with-my-cutter/

Here is a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.  Prices may vary

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyspan-by-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Hi-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-/251851991951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa38c6b8f

• Like 1

So 3 different times in the other posts, Forum members told you to ONLY get a real Tripplite Keyspan Adapter,  and you didn't do that?   And now you want help.. Why are you here if you don't want to listen to the help you are given?   It is written a zillion times to get a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin... Others do not work with a vinyl cutter...

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/48064-help-what-is-going-on-with-my-cutter/

Here is a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter.  Prices may vary

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keyspan-by-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Hi-Speed-USB-Serial-Adapter-/251851991951?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa38c6b8f

its a buckeye thing .. . .

brickwall.gif

Why are you being an *******? Nowhere in any of the other posts in my origianl inquiry did anyone state TRIPP LITE? People just simply said get a KEYSPAN adapter. I called my local computer store and asked for a KEYSPAN adapter. Went down, picked it up.Just because you know something doesn't mean others do? So maybe you should re-read yourself. Noone ever said belkin or tripplite in the other post I am following and created. If they did in this post your crazy to believe I would read through 75+ posts when I can get a much quicker response knowing people like you have nothing else better to do then be know it alls. If you don't like giving advice and you don't like helping people in a professional respectful manner than maybe you should not put in your 2 cents.

A REGULAR USB to serial cable is NOT a KEYSPAN ADAPTER.. 3 times on that post it says KEYSPAN ADAPTER.... Read the package, It says KEYSPAN on it. It is the only one that says KEYSPAN on it..

• Like 1

2nd post down from your original post.. by XPAPERMAN

"and by keyspan adapter, he means "KEYSPAN" ADAPTER.  Not another type or brand  ;)"

keyspan is a brand not a type of adapter - that is why that brand was suggested.  this is a user forum - the people on here volunteer to help without pay and using knowledge that they have gleaned from years of being on here.  many are more knowledgeable than the newer techs when you call for support . . . . but if you don't want to waste your time searching for the answers in the forum (using the search box) then I suggest calling the usc support line where actual techs will be there to help you.  good luck

• Like 1

P.S. the moderators on here are shown as staff - but all of us volunteer our time and are unpaid by USC   only the administrators that seldom come on the user forum are paid employees of USC

• Like 2

and if you look at the title of this thread

"Buy a KEYSPAN When you order"

Do a little homework, It is the ONLY brand that USCUTTER sells.

http://www.uscutter.com/Keyspan-USB-Serial-Adapter

Maybe "actually" read the thread your posting in.! These posters took their time to put the info out there to help people like you, Now use YOUR time to read it. Available 24-7.
Everything that anyone needs to know about a Keyspan Adapter is already right HERE in this thread that you posted to.. Including made by Tripp-Lite.. Website link was posted May 2014.  It is your vinyl cutter after all.

And your right, I do know a lot, because on my own time, I come here and read and learn.. No one pays me to do it. And I don't even own a USCUTTER vinyl cutter,  But I still help here and run a full time online business...

Good luck.

• Like 1

KEYSPAN bought 29.99. Showed up today from Best Buy. Hooked up. Software being used Sure Cuts A Lot Pro. Located the correct port. Went to test cut. Nothing

from 2-18-15

have you called support??  they aren't exactly like the maytag man but they love to help.

repeat

KEYSPAN bought 29.99. Showed up today from Best Buy. Hooked up. Software being used Sure Cuts A Lot Pro. Located the correct port. Went to test cut. Nothing

what steps did you take to install the keyspan adapter and did you use the serial cable that came with your cutter?   not positive on the sc but the older ones I know needed a null modem serial cable and not a standard serial cable.    - what were your settings in scalp?

I have the SC and I needed the NULL cable to make it work!!

did it come with one or did you have to get it separately?

I did not get any cables with my cutter.  Bought cutter new from US Cutter, cables not included.  I bought a regular cable after buying the Keyspan and was pulling my hair out, then I saw a post that said NULL.  Bought that it what do you know...... it worked!

• Like 1

My backup SC cutter that was purchased new from USCutter in October of last year did come with a null modem cable.

I also have the keyspan adapter and no issues cutting from scalp

• Like 2

I turned cutter on. Hooked in keyspan with serial cable female to male. Driver installed automatically. Opend SCALpro and located port. Tested connection and nothing. Anyone know why the NULL cord makes this all work? What settings in SCAL were you wanting to know?

I turned cutter on. Hooked in keyspan with serial cable female to male. Driver installed automatically. Opend SCALpro and located port. Tested connection and nothing. Anyone know why the NULL cord makes this all work? What settings in SCAL were you wanting to know?

with a null modem cable a couple of the wires are switched to which pins they are connected to

in this article see the wiring diagrams on right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_modem

first are you using a null modem cable - this is kinda like pulling teeth here

Its just a 9pin to 9pin serial cable F-M. Once again getting it from the local computer shop. I don't know if they understood what my usage for it was.

Its just a 9pin to 9pin serial cable F-M. Once again getting it from the local computer shop. I don't know if they understood what my usage for it was.

You need to purchase a null modem serial cable...to fit your cutter...9 pin..    They sell them on the big auction site.  other electronic stores....

Just showing as an example..  Many different prices and brands

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Null-Cable-6ft-Serial-cable-DB9-9-pin-Female-RS232-Modem-cable-Data-Cable-/181239097234?pt=US_Parallel_Serial_PS_2_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a32b12792

we can only post the info - it is up to the reader to follow what has worked for others . . . .

• Like 1