Sign in to follow this  
mpulse

Vinyl on Cinder Blocks

Can anyone tell me if there is a vinyl that will stick on Cinder Blocks, just needs to stay up for a couple of days.

thanks!

Can anyone tell me if there is a vinyl that will stick on Cinder Blocks, just needs to stay up for a couple of days.

thanks!

Painted,or unpainted?

Best bet in either case just use a vinyl that is NOT easy remove...and use either a rivet brush (if you have one) or a tennis ball to press the vinyl down as hard as you can. You might get a few days.

Painted,or unpainted?

Best bet in either case just use a vinyl that is NOT easy remove...and use either a rivet brush (if you have one) or a tennis ball to press the vinyl down as hard as you can. You might get a few days.

They are painted. So, normally I use 631 or 651 Oracal vinyl...something "better" than that? It is for my niece's wedding reception, so won't need to be up a long time, just would like it to STAY up...

thanks

I would think you would know as soon as you applied the decals . If you can try it before the wedding day , I would . How about using a plexiglass backing :huh: Remember Duct Tape fixes everything & comes in multi colors . :D

I would think you would know as soon as you applied the decals . If you can try it before the wedding day , I would . How about using a plexiglass backing :huh: Remember Duct Tape fixes everything & comes in multi colors . :D

Yes, I think that is a good idea...I will cut something and go try it out...it is close. I did a large sign for a reunion there and we painted a Luan board the same color as the blocks and then vinyled it...it looked nice enough...but was just hoping to skip the extra step...although it has the advantage of being able to do it in advance, just not sure how we would fasten it up...the one for the reunion was mounted permanently.

Duct tape? LOL...that would be my husbands solution of choice, I'm sure!!

Yes, I think that is a good idea...I will cut something and go try it out...it is close. I did a large sign for a reunion there and we painted a Luan board the same color as the blocks and then vinyled it...it looked nice enough...but was just hoping to skip the extra step...although it has the advantage of being able to do it in advance, just not sure how we would fasten it up...the one for the reunion was mounted permanently.

Duct tape? LOL...that would be my husbands solution of choice, I'm sure!!

I bought a case of velcro from home Depot for $15 . Must be 50' of each side ( 1 " wide ) . It sticks VERY good . I also use it for holding my cell phone to the dash of my vehicles .

I made a large wall graphic (8x4) for the local fire dept. and applied to a painted block wall. I heated the vinyl with a heat gun and worked it in with a rolle pro. Also used a tennis ball which was a lot more work.

Anyway, It was for a long term installation. It's been a few months and it's still sticking well. I used 651.

I cut and installed a large (6' x 8' approx) graphic on my sons Karate dojo wall that was painted brick. That was well over a year ago and it is still up and not peeling anywhere. I used a heat gun, and wish I would have had something other than a towel that I bundled up to help conform to the texture, but it worked :) I also used 651.