Sign in to follow this  
FutureSgtsWife

just opened the box....

Not really -- I opened it when it arrived just after Christmas - but took 1/2 a day today to set it up.  Please help me.

Step 1 for USB.... put the blue driver CD in your cd-rom drive.  Ummmmm - what blue driver cd?  I have 2 cd's that came with my plotter:  SignBlazer and some Banana thing.  Is the banana thing the "blue driver cd"?

next question... what are the 4 plastic thingy's wrapped in bubble wrap that snap together and have wheels?  No clue.... This is obviously my hobby - and I don't have another plotter to compare it to... and in fact, I've never seen a plotter before this came in the mail. 

Is there a video for dummies on setting the LaserPoint up from the time you open the box?  Otherwise, PLEASE give me detailed instructions before my warranty runs out.  :crash: :crash:

The CD labeled "Creation" would be the blue cd that you would use to load the information for your computer to recogize the cutter.

The CD labeled "USCutter" would be the cd that you would use to load the SignBlazer program.

The four pieces are a roller that you can use to advance the vinyl material into the cutter as it's odin' its thang.

I cannot understand why someone,somewhere,who has this model,doesn't take a few pics of the thing assembled,and post. For that matter,for every model. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say.

I can't really troubleshoot the p-cut because I can't find a good clear pic of the control panel! I mean,how hard could it be?

People on here are spending hours,even DAYS trying to figure something out that could easily be done with a few pics as reference. You buy a $29 printer and you get a set-up sheet with pics!

If someone would kindly do this, I'll host the pics on one of my pic sites and it won't even use US Cutter bandwidth.

Pics would be sooooooooooooo helpful.  I have this awesome box of vinyl to start cutting  :woohoo:  but can't even hook the machine up.  And trust me - I'm pretty computer savvy and own a sublimation business.  I'm not at home right now - so I don't know if my banana disc says "creation" -- I sure hope so.  Another few hours will be spent tonight figuring this out -- because I can't wait to start making things!!!

Thanks for any help...

Lisa

For anyone just opening the box, take a look at the two discs below. Who would have thought the USB driver would be on a rose labeled disc marked 'Banana Designs", when the instructions tell you they're on the blue disc. I certainly didn't.....perhaps in the future the discs could be more accurately labeled.

post-622-12986515105975_thumb.jpg

post-622-12986515128779_thumb.jpg

hey im having a lil trouble inporting files it wont allow me to cut bitmap files is their any way around that? :why:

You cannot cut a bitmap file. It hase to be converted to vector format first. Under Image + Vectorize in SignBlazer you cna conver your bitmap to vector. you have to convert it to black and white first. Vector magic site is another way to convert images.

http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/

For anyone just opening the box, take a look at the two discs below. Who would have thought the USB driver would be on a rose labeled disc marked 'Banana Designs", when the instructions tell you they're on the blue disc. I certainly didn't.....perhaps in the future the discs could be more accurately labeled.

The instructions are for the PCut series, which has a blue disk. Need to update for LaserPoint specific, which is the banana disk.

I just opened my box today.... and OH MY.  Two stapled together pages of instructions that don't match the model, only one disk (the signblazer one).  I'm an artist, wanting to use this thing to cut paper, so I've never seen a plotter cutter either.  I'm fairly computer literate.  I'm fairly mechanically inclined.  That said, having never seen a plotter cutter before and opening up that box was like a total brain meld.  I can't even figure out how to adjust the blade depth... what screw? My blade holder has no screws.  Clearly I'm in need of some assistance.

Meredith

Not to worry, this forum will help you every step of the way.

The blade holder itself is a screw that adjusts the depth. The top portion and bottom portion rotate independently.

As for the driver that you will need for your PC, you can contact Ken and he should be able to help you.

Thanks for the quick response!  I've tried submitting a ticket through their support system online and had no response so far.  I did think of rotating the two halves of the blade holder, but it didn't seem to do anything for me.  When I press down on the holder the blade just retracts all the way in no matter which way I turn it.  I do think there must be a screw missing since there's a threaded hole at the top end of the holder and the directions mention brass and silver colored screws, though that might be for a different model... but it does seem like a screw in that spot would adjust how far the blade was able to retract.  This is seriously FRUSTRATING.

Meredith

Okay, so I've figured out how to adjust the blade in the holder, huzzah!  Since I have no vinyl to test it on it was a bit of a trick, but by using a stack of index cards and seeing how many cards it'd cut through I could see that it actually was doing something.  So thanks, haumana, I'm one step closer.  I guess I just plop it into the slot on the right of the cutting head and tighten the knob, right?  But is there a reason there were three washers on the knob that tightens around the blade holder? Because there is no physical way to get the bolt to reach the threaded bit to tighten it while the blade holder is in place when there are three washers on the other side.  Works okay with one, but why have three in the first place? Gosh, this whole NO INSTRUCTIONS thing is driving me crazy.  A two sentence description would have sovled this before it was ever a problem.

Meredith

Sorry to keep stacking up the posts... but I finally didn't get a busy signal when I called uscutter and actually got to speak to a friendly service guy!  Driver problem solved, so now I can actually test this sucker out.  I'll post pics when I'm up and running.

Meredith

Phone always seems to ring off the hook, and glad to hear you finally got through. I believe you were the one missing the banana CD, so I pointed you in the right direction.

:lol:

Guest Terry

Banana cd, LMFAO sorry can't help it. :lol: They make great frisbees.

I just got my cutter today and am sooo confused!!! I got the blade in the holder and it all up and running in my computer but how do i get the vinyl to feed?? Is there a manual out there to help me out???

You need to secure the pinch rollers on the outer sides of the material for it to feed through the machine. It feeds from back to front, so load it from the back.

No manual for the LaserPoitn at this time, but with regards to the cutter, you really only need to know how to turn it on, set the origin and cut speed and downforce. This is all done with the control panel. The software you will probably need a manual for, and it can be found in the SignBlazer category.

Just press the Online button, then use the mode button to get to the Press setting, which is your downforce pressure, press it a few more times to get to the cut speed setting, and to set the origin, press the mode button until you see the x and y....then use the arrows to advance or retract the material, or move the carriage left or right and then you press the button in the middle of the arrows to zero out your origin, or make it your starting point.