Sign in to follow this  
prototype66

Getting better....slooooowly

So I have been tweaking the settings on the GRC 76s and finally have decent vinyl to cut.

however....

this is a sample of what I am trying to correct. (sorry for the bad pic.

New blades but new teflon strip still in transit.....still.

offset at .015

down force at .025

speed at 30

vinyl is 651

still all wacked out.

help?

post-12153-12986566947889_thumb.jpg

post-12153-12986566965941_thumb.jpg

that doesn't even look like it's cutting,  it looks more like it's being torn. Or is that the way the file is?  Is that a new vinyl cutter? 

it cutd and weeds ok but the cuts are all wiggly. unless its a bigger letter.

No its not a new cutter either. 2005

why would the lettering be all wiggly like that?  I never have wiggly letters like that..  It looks like it's ripped on some of them..   Post your file.  What software are you using to make your designs? 

i tried to post the file but its too big.

I used Illy cs4 and SB

Right Click, Send to Compressed (Zipped) Folder

Proto

I just had the exact problem with Illy 2 days ago..I ended up having to redesign in Flexi to get away from the jagged lettering..I think the last updated Adobe did screwed up crap!

Redesigning was the only thing I got to fix my problem..Sorry but redesign it in a different program may fix your problem...

stetson5331

I did a new test cut. offset is best at 10-15 but still not straight. got the strip so that goes in ltr. I think you are right about Illy cause everything I do in SB is straight as an arrow. May try Corel ltr after work too.

I have Inkscape too. Learning 4 programs would cause me to blow a gasket!lol

I can save eps also in Illy and Corel.

I did a new test so here is the result.

Cut on MacTac....i like 651 better but it cuts very well also.

post-12153-12986566957457_thumb.jpg

post-12153-12986566972815_thumb.jpg

Has it always done this for you?

Is there any scrap vinyl pieces in your blade holder?  I'm not sure about this exact cutter but how far is your blade sticking out?

You said it weeds good, so the down pressure seems to be fine... slow down the speed to almost crawling?  See if the quality improves...

If it works fine from sign blazer I'm starting to wonder if it's a software issue.  I've never had luck going form Illustrator -> SB.. SignBlazer just isn't quality in my opinion.

If you're going to be using Illustrator, I'd fully recommend SignCut PRO... you press a key on your keyboard and have it sent right over to SignCut, and can cut from there..

You may have already posted this.. but what are you saving it as from Illustrator -> SB?

I did this one just this morning. Created it in Illy and saves as EPS then opened in SB

slowed down speed to 25 ips and offset in on there. I may try to do one in Corel here  tonight and see what happens. blade is about non visible but there to the touch and clean of debris and oiled holder as well. turns very well.

i'm starting to think I should shy away from Illy....which sux cause almost everything i do is  on Illy and I don't want to switch cutting software just yet. No money for that.

Yes I learned that the hard way too! lol

now everything is version 8 not cs4

ill try a corel file tonight and something directly from SB tonight in the smallest I can get it.

have you tried cutting any of the TEXT files that are here on the forum? THat someone else has posted?   If not, just download one and cut it, and see if you can tune your cutter in with it.   Or most of the files in brands of the world  are clean..

i'm starting to think I should shy away from Illy....which sux cause almost everything i do is  on Illy and I don't want to switch cutting software just yet. No money for that.

i really can't imagine it would be the fault of illustrator... i thought once its a vector in an eps it really shouldn't matter what its origin was?  i haven't been doing it long, but illustrator cs3 and SB have been a perfect match so far with my machine... not to say that it compares, its just tough to believe.  you'll have to keep us updated on the corel experiment for sure! 

Hmm, that doesn't explain how it gets "Foobarred" from Illustrator to SignBlazer, as SignBlazer cuts straight OP said...

Surely SB has a way to view nodes? Or view wireframe to see if something's weird... does it look OK on the screen in SB?

thats why i thought it was the settings on the cutter....looks great on Illy and SB screens.

Just like these did...till they cut.

I agree Proto looked good on mine as well but when it cuts looks like crap..I redesigned it in Flexi Pro and it works perfectly..Adobe did and update or something!I had the exact same thing happen last week..

Weird..I have CS4 and 5 and it's like that on both of then...Adobe has screwed up some how...

so I took a real clean file and saved it as a EMF ,JPEG, illy 8 and PDF. Then I imported them into SB.

I took the vectored files and clicked on manipulate nodes.......its the files for sure. the nodes were all over the place and nothing was smooth.

I neet to seriously consider new software and a new computer from this decade.

I make something in SB and it cuts great but importing image files isn't working.

What type of file are you starting with? It sounds like you are doing a lot more file conversions that you need to be.

"saved it as a EMF ,JPEG, illy 8 and PDF. Then I imported them into SB"

Jay

I was just trying to see if different files act differently.

I cant import an Illy filr directly cause it cuts every single line in the file instead of what is visible on the screen. I havent figured out why it does that.

For example.

I make half a heart....copy and reverse...and mate them together.

I get cuts on both sides of each line and the "cut" down the middle.

With JPEGs I just monochrome them and vectorize in SB but they are not smooth lines.I tried to adjust nodes in SB but I cant grab them and control them...it moves where it wants or deletes the node all together.

You need to weld the heart together, or "unite" in Illustrator I believe.. may be merge..