Sign in to follow this  
SmallSigns

New banner

I would like everyone's help on this -- this is a new banner I am creating.

Our location is now an e-waste collection site

The Banner measures 34" x 12'.

Any assistance you can give on this layout would be greatly appreciated.

post-1570-12986514855691_thumb.jpg

post-1570-12986514878036_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

I would agree with KNEAL, maybe bring the think green over a bit more centered? But looks great I like it... Nice and simple the way it belongs, you don't want to read much for that type of logo, gets right to the point. Nice job.  :well done:

I do too...I always take my Main line of text and make it as big as possible,and work everything else around it.

Thanks for the input -- I think tomorrow I start cutting and applying!  :woohoo:

I'll post a pic when I get done.

curious..are you gonna cut that reverse,out of green vinyl and apply to a white banner,or white lettering on a green banner?

white vinyl on green banner -- got the banner yesterday -- vinyl should be here tomorrow.  :woohoo:

e-waste collection site?? whats that?

E-waste is electronic waste -- old TV's, computers, phones -- all that electronic stuff that people are throwing into our landfills that doesn't belong there. All of these items contain chemicals that poison our water and soil.

In reality this is just a marketing gimmick for our storage facility to get our name out there and get some free publicity in the paper. It's also a great tax wright off. On top of all that it helps our environment.  :xmas tree: :xmas tree: :xmas tree:

if ya ever get any old hard drives. Ill take them off your hands. :)

Guest Terry

Yup thats it, centered. Looks great. :well done:

if ya ever get any old hard drives. Ill take them off your hands. :)

I just got rid of a bunch of hard drives -- I have flash drives that are larger then the ones I got rid of!! Heck I got programs larger then the drives I got rid of!!!

I still have my very first 1Gb drive! got it out of an old IBM server back in like 89 -- damn thing still works -- and it's been dropped more times then I can count!!

I keep a bunch of older Hard Dives around for one purpose.

If one of my windows machines chrashes and I can't do a repair, I stick in an old drive  and install XP onto it, install the drive that crashed as a slave, so I can continue using the old drive and access all of my stuff.

In theory,it is better to have the operating system on a separate drive or partition anyway.

I haven't lost a single bit of music,video,etc since I started doing this.

If you only have one computer this can save you ass.

BTW, XP will install on a 2gb HD in a pinch, if you don't install a lot of crap along with it.

I want old hard drives for the magnets in them..... hit em with a sludge hammer and throw them in a box and send them to me! :crash:

I want old hard drives for the magnets in them..... hit em with a sludge hammer and throw them in a box and send them to me! :crash:

Are you bulding a Time Machine TOO?

Yea - I got a lot of those magnets around -- The discs make great wind chimes too!!

I tore one apart the other day -- 250Mb drive -- had 5 discs!! Now I have 100Gb with a single disc -- ain't progress great.  :woohoo:

Well, I felt really stupid yesterday.

I was working on this banner -- worked out all the measurements and it all looked great - on paper.

Started cutting (using sample vinyl ) everything was working great -- till I started laying it out on the banner. That's when I discovered that my original design was based on 36" x 120" not the 144" it should have been *!&*#@!!!!   :bang:

Good thing it was free vinyl  :clap:  I guess tomorrow I will start cutting again with the correct sizes! This time I will be using vinyl I actually had to PAY for - better make sure I do it right this time ;-)

All in all I had fun, even though I did screw it up.

I've never done that but have realized after cutting that the actual banner was a few inches short.Say 34",not 36". Which brings to mind this..when buying banners, a LOT of suppliers will say 36 inch but it actually finishes 34". My supplier gives me the correct measurements but a lot don't because they cut a 3 foot banner from 3 foot stock and the hem takes 2 inches. So read the fine print.