Sign in to follow this  
bmiller24

graphtec vs copam

i have the money to get a graphtec  but that will take away from the extra vinyl i was gonna get also does the graphtec come with a stand like the copam does and how well does it work with signblazer thanks guys for all the help ill be ordering my machine next week i hope

I love my graphtec and I use Sign Blazer with it even though I have a brand new Flexi starter in my drawer LOL

Had both and both are great machines.  I think it would be wise to buy the graphtec as that will be around for many years and you will never be sorry.  you can slowly build vinyl stock as you get the jobs and will pay for the cutter quickly

I have never used a Copam,  BUT I love my Graphtec,  yes, it comes with the stand.  Have had mine for 3 years and never a problem, cuts great, quiet, tracking great and very detailed work, awesome. You won't be sorry.

Only thing I have experienced or read negatively about the Copams are the pinch rollers . Copam probably doesn't even make the pinch rollers & it may have been just a bad production run 3 years ago . Graphtecs may buy their pinch rollers from the same supplier :) But I had 3 break on 2 three year old Copams last year . USCutter was out of stock & another member needed a pinch roller that broke in the same place so there was a problem . Mine broke while not in use . They broke at a pin boss that had been drilled thru the cast material the pinch roller was made of . Very poor casting material . At $50 each , it is not much of an expense but i still don't understand why they broke . there can't be much stress on a pinch roller . I have no experience with the Graphtec but have read it comes with a servo motor & that does cut better . Not needed IMO & I would buy a Copam again since it is $900 cheaper . I have not had any other problems & only read about a very few others with problems . I would ask if the pinch rollers have been updated & probably buy a spare or 2 anyway .