Sign in to follow this  
lorne

two colour cutting help ... please

hi

would just like to start off by saying thanks for everything i've been able to learn from this forum, by trawling through nearly every discussion thread from beginning to end

So the next logical step for me is to try and cut two colours to layer onto one another, please point me to anything you can, ie videos or threads as i am a complete novice

any help will be greatly appreciated, i have just been offered a continuing job supplying a local professional rugby league team for the single layer decals, thanks to everything posted on this site, but would love to offer them something different

lorne

The quick and dirty depending on what software you are using is to design yer 2 color logo, put 2 registration marks above it for alignment purposes, load the first color vinyl into your cutter, in cut mode select only that color and the registration marks to cut, repeat for the next color. Weed out your decals, if the colors overlap each other mask the top most color first and work your way down so you are layering the top color onto the lower color. If the 2 colors dont overlap it makes no difference what one you mask first. Follow the layering technique as per this guy in this video, he's doing a 4 layer decal.

are the allignment mars just two marks i place myself, and in signblazer, after expanding the test, how do i seperate the layers ? sorry for being a pain , but thanks

yes, you can make your own registration marks and place them where ever you think they will work best.

"after expanding the test, how do i seperate the layers ?"

?? expanding the text?? if you are expanding text, make the expanded part a different color, then you just need to pick which one you want to cut by color when you go to the cut screen.

here we go again ... sorry, beginning to feel a right divvy, if i have taken an eps file from this forum that is two colours, how do i seperate the two colours to cut in signblazer ? and is it the same process if i make one myself, in say inkscape or corel x3

thanks again

The colors will be seperated already . In the cut screen in the top left , it will show what color is being cut , click on a different color to cut or hold control & click any or all the colors to cut at 1 time if you want it in 1 color only .

When you go to the cut screen in SignBlazer the list of colors will show up in the upper left of the screen. Select the color to cut or you can hold down the CTRL key and select multiple colors at one time.

I usually make my registration marks a different color than anything else in my design. Then I can select one color of my design and the registration mark color to cut together. Repeat for each color of the design including the registration mark color. then I don't have to duplicate the registration marks in each color.

eureka moment, thanks for all the help posted, too involved trying to split em on workplace to notice the box in the top left hand corner, there's a saying where i am from in yorkshire ..... i feel a proper wazzock lol

thanks again

lorne

a wazzock? LOL!!!! Glad you got it figured out brother, post up pics of your results.

Cheers!