runit

total failure

well i decided i would try screen printing befor i bought a press and everything i know its about the crappiest set up ever but i was just giving it a try and found out screen printing is not for me ;D or maby it was just my set up lol (please dont hate on the setup) heres what i used

picture frame

tape

vinyl

100% polester screen

yudu black ink

sqeegy

and a old white t

well heres the pics if anything itll give you guys and galls a good laff lol

6qdzly.jpg

5doykn.jpg

read up on it some more. I am no screen printer but was the shirt adhered to anything, they use a spray.

was the screen tight? was there an offset from the screen to the shirt? I dont think you want the screen just sitting on the shirt.

cant get no where with out trying.

yeah i took some spray adhesive and sprayed it on a cardboard cutout i got from jo anns and the screen was supper tight and it was just stiiting on the shirt the way i read it was saposta be tight on the shirt i may be wrong but i read it on another site that had a diy and it looks like i took paint and painted the shirt it really doesnt look like a screen press it soaked into the shirt more like a dye

yeah i took some spray adhesive and sprayed it on a cardboard cutout i got from jo anns and the screen was supper tight and it was just stiiting on the shirt the way i read it was saposta be tight on the shirt i may be wrong but i read it on another site that had a diy and it looks like i took paint and painted the shirt it really doesnt look like a screen press it soaked into the shirt more like a dye

Better than any 't-shirt' screen printing i've ever done ... of course I haven't done any yet!

Hey only way to learn is to do, everyone screws up in the begining unless your Rodger! ;D

Keep at it, practice makes perfect!

im thinking the same thing i think it might be the ink idk lol plus didnt tape the whole thing lol

For the way you did it , not bad results . Can't expect professional results the way you did it . I watched a buddy design & screen print 7 color T-Shirts with top of the line equipment & the results were perfect lookng . Dakota has a nice 4 station ( 4 color ) screen printing set-up 4-sale & @ a bargain price IF close enough not to have to ship .

Oh BTW , the saying on your T-Shirt may be a bit " tasteless " in the general section ;D Almost nothing offends me  ;D , but I am sure there are members here who would rather not have read that ( Ladies & youngins ) . There is an Adult section .

Is the vinyl on the shirt side of the screen? It should be. Hard to see in the pic. You need off contact of approx 1/8", tape a penny in each corner. You also need a tight screen, how did you stretch it?

i did it by hand and yeah it was on the tshirt side so i dont want the screen touching the shirt?

yeah it was on the tshirt side so i dont want the screen touching the shirt?

You want the screen to snap off the shirt as the squeegee passes. You also need a real, full size (screen print, about 70 durameter) squeegee to cover in one pass.

i got into some small time screen printing a few years ago.  i first bought a speedball starter kit that was very simple to use and learn from, and was very inexpensive.  if i remember, it was around $50 and it contained a screen (small, but it worked), emulsion, emulsion remover, a squeegee, some other itmes, and plenty of instructional help.  the only other thing i needed was ink.  i purchased some water-based stuff to start and was making shirts that same night with pretty great results.  after that i stepped up to 5 larger (20x24) screens at $20 a piece, some plastisol inks and a halogen light setup and have the ability to make some great shirts for a relatively small cost.  the presses and things are great, but if you're only doing a few at a time, the start-up costs are low.  

while using the methods you're using now, it'll be really tough to get a quality turn out.  it takes some practice and technique with the proper equipment, let alone a home-made setup.  i'm very impressed with what you'd gotten with what you used!  if you're serious about getting into it, i suggest researching the proper methods (you-tube is incredible for this) and invest $150 or so into some starter equipment and go from there.  you'll be suprised at what you'll turn out.  

You can turn quality prints with the setup you have with a little practice and tweaking. Check out the fancy machine with micro registration for multi color here:

yeah i know whatcha mean theres a kit at jo aans  its not speedball but its just like it it seem pretty decent im deffinitly thinking about picking it up