MisterEd65

Quick pricing question on heat press vinyl

Good Morning Everyone!  I hope that maybe someone can give me a little help on pricing some heat vinyl.  I'm trying to figure out if I should charge by the square inch or just make up a set price.  I have a customer supplying a few shirts that she wants me to apply some simple word quotes onto them.  Nothing fancy, just one color on each piece.  The materiel sizes are around 11" x 10" for most of them.  Any helpful ideas?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mister Ed

you have to consider weeding.

I typically charge 6.50 for a 2.00 shirt with a simple chest print and 12.00 for front and back.

hope this helps.

$6 a sq ft  single color [+ 60% added color ] $2.50 to press / No warranty on the shirt = no recourse for being cheap.

You cant be serious with those prices. Where else are people going to get a custom one off t? The cheapest I ever sold a single $2.00 t for was $25. At a dozen I got $12 per + material & t cost. Those I would usually upsell to printed with a 2 doz min. Your in business to make $$$ not freeloading friends.

Different strokes for Different Folks , They all call me Gooddeal. I don't want their business one time, I want all their business Forever!

You cant be serious with those prices. Where else are people going to get a custom one off t? The cheapest I ever sold a single $2.00 t for was $25. At a dozen I got $12 per + material & t cost. Those I would usually upsell to printed with a 2 doz min. Your in business to make $$$ not freeloading friends.

We also charge 25.00 for a custom shirt there not going to wall mart for a custom printed tee and yes they do come back for more prints if they want to save cash then we do screen print with a 24 min 

Different strokes for Different Folks , They all call me Gooddeal. I don't want their business one time, I want all their business Forever!

How will you like having to work when you're 75 because you didn't charge enough when you were younger? Maybe not such a gooddeal for you after all, but hey, your friends will take care of you-NOT!

you'll still be in business when the others are working an hourly wage somewhere else because of their inflated prices. $25 for single shirt is only wishful thinking around here and way out of line.Most people just won't pay it. And why should they?

You cant be serious with those prices. Where else are people going to get a custom one off t?

all over the internet including ebay..$15 or less....which is where most people look in the first place.

Welcome to the real world..not the fantasy world.

Hey , I'm going to follow your strategy & charge $1,000 per shirt so I can retire even younger . Having to work when 75 is better than sitting watching the phone , wishing a customer would call at 18 . This is a place where most are learning stuff & starting a business . That usually goes along with competitive prices in order to get a customer base . I can get a custom T-shirt cheaper than $25 at the Annapolis mall & recently bought embroidered pocket T-shirts for $12 each with a dozen minimum . Several members have already posted prices  much cheaper . I don't think your comments or attitude are what the OP asked for . I hope you stay busy enough making & selling $25 simple 1 color T-shirts to not have time for this forum . We are nice here , even when we disagree .

Hey , I'm going to follow your strategy & charge $1,000 per shirt so I can retire even younger . Having to work when 75 is better than sitting watching the phone , wishing a customer would call at 18 . This is a place where most are learning stuff & starting a business . That usually goes along with competitive prices in order to get a customer base . I can get a custom T-shirt cheaper than $25 at the Annapolis mall & recently bought embroidered pocket T-shirts for $12 each with a dozen minimum . Several members have already posted prices  much cheaper . I don't think your comments or attitude are what the OP asked for . I hope you stay busy enough making & selling $25 simple 1 color T-shirts to not have time for this forum . We are nice here , even when we disagree .

very well put,Rodger. Personally, I'm not worried about retirement....I'm thinking about next week and whether I'm gonna have money for bills and food..like most people. That's the REAL world.

Thanks John , From your posts , you also did not like the attitude or the way member 1 talked to others  ( I had to look up & watch  " 1 " by 3 Dog Night's on YouTube :) ) . This guy is being ruder than the previous know-it-alls . I worry about eating & living today more than next week , month , year etc . I do think about the future & plan , but taking care of right now is what has to be done ... & that has always been enough of a task so-far . I like to hit a " home run " sometimes also  , but they don't happen all the time for anyone . Heck , a few years ago when I was  doing septic systems semi full time , I actually sold 5 truck loads of crap I had charged others to pump out . A guy got caught after putting a septic system in . He had remodeled a complete house without a permit . The inspectors required a septic system inspection & when they would have seen a brand new tank & drainfield , a $10,000 fine may have been coming for the guy . I only charged him $50 a load  ( 5 loads ) because I did have to drive out of the way & the guy did not appeal to my generouis side . So  :) my moral of the story .. " you can sell shit sometimes , but don't count on paying the bills from it "  :) :) ;D

@ keetch , That is exactly what i do . I also think that I am not the only person to be able to figure out to save a buck . When a customer finds out they have paid 2X what they could have spent on the same thing , in my esperience , that is the last time you will ever do business with them or everybody that they tell . Make money but give them a good deal & they will do the opposite .

What it all boils down to Rodger..is charging a fair price for your work..and being known for it. I like to sleep at night. People like '1' are always talking about 'low ballers' giving the biz a bad name..when it's actually the price gougers who have given the biz a bad name.

Rodger, John - I get the sneaking suspicion that you are feeding into someone we have encountered in the past. don't know for sure but sure has that smell

they come and go..mostly go. For which I am glad. me and you both have gotten some good deals when they go out of business.

I thought the same thing Scott . Same MO :) . I have seen that mentality in every type of busness I have ever been involved in . Time marches on & nothing stays the same . Those who adapt stay in business & prosper . I remember when LED watches were over $200 ... last time I seen them , they were $1 each . Technology & the level competition changes everything especially prices . The complete vinyl cutting sytem that cost $10K many years ago can be bought for under $1K now . That is why there are a zillion more competitors now , so the home runs are not as often . Same situation with heat presses , silk screening & vimyl printeing . After looking at the mugs you posted in the other thread , I'm going to look into getting what that takes , as I have changed my mind about sandblasted mugs loking better :) .

Ok this is just getting confusing with these profile pics  :-

Think I'm going to go bury my head until the blizard passes - maybe when i come out of hiding the 4um will return to it's normal insanity  :)

:)

they come and go..mostly go. For which I am glad. me and you both have gotten some good deals when they go out of business.

I'm in this business for 25 yrs. I get paid a fair price for my work. I sleep well at night because my bills are paid, there is food on the table and there is a nice roof over my head. Not being rude, telling it as it is. You are welcome to ignore me.

A dozen minimum is not a 1 off.

I'm in this business for 25 yrs. I get paid a fair price for my work. I sleep well at night because my bills are paid, there is food on the table and there is a nice roof over my head. Not being rude, telling it as it is. You are welcome to ignore me.

not only welcome,but happy to. If you think $25 is a fair price for a T-shirt...you don't live where the rest of us do.

Thanks for the advice :D