mpulse

Make the Cut Software now works with PCUT and other US Cutter machines

Make the Cut is AMAZING software!!    I have used it since the first day it came out...with my cricut.    I have my brother in law's PCUT borrowed and just didn't like SignBlazer that much...so this is exciting...I can use the svg files I already have...trace vector pdf's...so many awesome things.    Check it out with the link below  ( if you purchase Make the Cut, I get credit)...all future updates are free...and it is now on sale for UNDER $60!!    One of the best deals (and softwares) you will find!!   I've used it and it cut great with the PCUT!    And there is a great forum with great support.   Check it out!

http://www.iportis.com/affiliate_product.php?productid=5g7b5s8w3myn3v0p9qyl&affid=4520

Make The Cut! Features:

Works with all Cricut

I didn't know it was spam...I was excited to have a good software program that worked with the PCUT...I apologize and will remove it, if I need to...or the admins can.    I apologize!

I don't consider it spam, as long as it is in the correct threads. It looks like a very useful piece of cutting software at a good price. Leave it. There are PLENTY of posts asking for software like this.

How about giving your OWN review.... instead of the copy and paste? Does it have drivers for the various US Cutter machine? How does it interface with the cutters..things like that.

I'm not an affliate for Make the Cut, be I will also say, IT"S AWESOME. I've made several post stating this. It does have several drivers and the developer is always trying to add more, he's very hands on with the product. I own 5 different cutters and it is compatable with each. I like being able to open one program, design and then cut to the machine(s) of my choice.  It's a powerful and inexpensive program.

Andy, the developer of the software is also up for the challenge of getting his software to work with as many cutters as possible, it works with Rolands, MH-serires and Laser Point. As well as the SD Shilouette, Cricuts, BossKut Gazzelle and Black Cat Cutter, if your machine is not on the list just post a message in the Make the Cut message board.

I just got my MH cutter and haven't completely set it up. I received Sign Blazer and Sign Cut but haven't tried them yet, so I can say how MTC compares to the others, but I believe it deserves taking a look at.

Hi there,

Have you gotten your MH series up and working with Make the Cut?  We have a MH series 871 and want to know how it works.

Thanks so much

BannerJohn,

Andy (the program's developer) has gotten it going in Linux (in Wine) and i read something about getting it running on Mac - in windows emulator.  I know it's not really a Mac version.

It's a nice program - lots of little quirks - but lots of neat features too! - I bought it and am waiting for him to do a Copam driver - he says if you want a driver he will write one - he has been gone to CEC in Vegas , but should be back home by now.

The Demo will let you try it out - just cute DEMO please REGISTER into all the jobs until you register and enter the activation code.

It is made for craft projects and the cricut originally - each new version (and he is coming out with new versions continually) has many new features.  New versions are free to registered users -

It's not going to take the place of SBE or Flexi - but for $58 and change it's a bargain - and it's fun to use.  I mainly got it to be able to help my little Sis with her cricut machine and make some designs for her to use at school.

-Mike

The MH 871 cuts nicely with MTC. You have the choice of cutting WYSIWYG, just as placed on screen or by the knife set/origin, I have also be using Sign Cut which came with the cutter. I've done paper cuts with a mat and vinyl from the roll. I will say that I did seem to have a "cleaner" cut of the paper cardstock when I used Sign Cut. MTC is still my favorite for designing. I just save my design as an eps or ai file to cut in alternate program.

Banner, I don't know of the quirks you are speaking of ;D I'm curious. ;D

PauPau,

I (mars) said quirks.  Some things that are a little strange.

Text is automatically converted to shapes when it is put on the mat - no longer is it an editable font.  To change you have to delete and redo any text.

Size of text is dependent on the caret (cursor) size - depending on which letters are in your line you will get different sized text.  If your text is all lowercase the letters will be 1/2" - if mixed upper and lowercase the Capital letters will be 1/2" but the lowercase ones will be smaller - To make sure the text is sized right you need to add one of the tallest and one with descenders to every line of text and then delete those letters leaving the remaining text a uniform size from line to line.  Not impossible to work with - just quirks.

I like MTC - it is a good program with a strong community of helpful users and a developer who is making improvements to it constantly - new versions are free and he listens to the users for ideas to make it better.  Just be warned that it has some little quirks - it also has some very powerful tools to design your projects.

-Mike

oops, sorry Banner. :-*

Ditto Mars. I just took it as "it is what it is", I agree on those points, just thought I was missing something.

I have used MTC for years, but have to transfer it into SignPro to cut.  Is there anyone who can help me get my Copam 2500 to cut straight from MTC?