Sign in to follow this  
239 Design

Some more hoods I did

This is a hood I did for a customers son, there is also a small front logo of the cross and name. AAs all my post please let me know what I should have charged and I can cry in by beer about the money I lost! Thanks

post-8677-12986558659178_thumb.jpg

post-8677-12986558675942_thumb.jpg

This is a hood I did for a customers son, there is also a small front logo of the cross and name. AAs all my post please let me know what I should have charged and I can cry in by beer about the money I lost! Thanks

Just guessing off the top of my head i dont see why you couldn't have gotten $30-$35 each for a low amount. I just got $20 each for 3 t shirts i sent out to get DTG printed.

I am new to vinyl cutting and used Sepctracut II ,(as I said, I'm new but I think that stuff is a bitch!) I screen printed the rest of the order. He only wanted 6 pcs for his son and I didn't want to make screens so I cut them. Orange on black and wht. on orange. I have learned to READ the forum before buying! And check going rates before quoting a job. I'm not losing any weight but if I don't get these prices down I'm not going to have a butt left!)....

I charge $45 for the hoodie with 2 colors of print and something small on the front.  I use Eco-film from imprintables.  Cuts, weeds, applies and washes like a champ. 

I just won a job with the school doing 15 hoodies two colors back only $20. ea. They also ordered 25 t's. for 6 maybe 25-30 ea. back only. Looks great by the way!

w to make any real dough ray me with the cutter and press  when I can get 2 buck a swipe on a screen?  I do like to do the one off's for what ever people want.... but have trouble charging for the labor of the cut weed press thing? Oh, well I have 3 months to make a living!!!!!!!

If it takes me an hour to do the hoodies, (it won't) I'll clear $148. I'll take that any day....

What did you win?.....

My answer.....A bunch of work at minimum wage........

I do my hoodies at 25 a piece I guess it's just where your located... That's the going rate around here so if it's considered minimum wage I guess I live in a dump...

I live near a signwarehouse so I get my vinyl there so I get some sort of a discount minus I don't have to pay shipping and I get my hoodies from gildan if u would like to look up a price for them mind you that's my price for basic color hoodie with one color logo

I was talking about Dale and his 20.00 and can do 15 hoodies in an hour.......And even if you pick stuff up for "free" there is time and/or expense to that trip......

The trip only takes me 5 minutes 10 roundtrip and as for time to do the me and my buddy have done 30 hoodies one color back and name on front in just over a hour.... But that's 2 people working at it and half the images where cut and weeded already by me

How long to get order from client?....

How long to get artwork from client and get it ready to cut?....

How long to get artwork approval?....

How long to locate, price and order blanks?....

How long to invoice, get paid and put your money in the bank....

All these add to the actual time a job takes...So to say 15 hoodies can be done in an hour is not correct......

Sorry you don't agree...  :- hoodie=$8.70, 2 color screen print $3.90 and thats subbed out(they print it on transfer paper) and I heat press it to the shirt. And if you to count all the other things you said in actual time mabe 2 hours total everything.. but i'll give you 3 hours still over $49. an hour. But whatever...

Well your math sucks......8.70 + 3.90 = 12.60 - 20.00 = 7.40 x 15 = 111.00  And while that may be more per hour than minimum wage it is a far lower price than most would sell for....

PS.....I still think you are not being realistic in accounting for your time and any other overhead expenses in this job.....

How long to get order from client?....

How long to get artwork from client and get it ready to cut?....

How long to get artwork approval?....

How long to locate, price and order blanks?....

How long to invoice, get paid and put your money in the bank....

All these add to the actual time a job takes...So to say 15 hoodies can be done in an hour is not correct......

You remind me of my mother!  :)

She used to do costing, and by her standards you're getting screwed.

According to her, You need to charge for the paper and pens you used to work up the order, or if you didn't use pen and paper, you need to calculate the cost of the pc, it's average life with maintenance included, using that, calc the cost of the use of the computer to write up the order, then do the same for printing the order, the cost of the printer, electricity, toner/ink, the cost of each sheet of paper which of course you need to figure in the time it took to lookup a supplier, the item you wanted and divide that by how many sheets of paper you purchased etc etc etc Oh and let

At roughly 20-25 dollars a hoodie to most of you might be cheap but it's a hobby I enjoy it and although I have a full time job makeing excellent pay... I look at it this way 45 dollars is way to much for me personally to pay for a hoodie and I have friends that own a successfully Internet based  embroidery and screen printing business and they don't charge near that..  ( graphic disorder )... But with my 25 dollars I'm happy for all the late nights cause I keep in my head that it may be long and time consuming but it's paying for my son to go to the best private school around here!! He's a 4 y/o that knows 2 languages already and is reading at  2nd grade level and he's only in preschool :D

I never said anything about 25.00.....If you sell for 25.00 I can live with that.....It is a far cry from 20.00...In fact, 67% better margin when using Dale's numbers......

I'm not saying ur talking about me I'm just adding that if I sell mine for 25 some sell there's for 30 and who's to say 20 bucks there is a fair price do you see my point? Ok let's break it down this way I'm traveling now for the holidays.. When I left Winchester ky gas  was 289 I drive 100 miles and it's 3.09? Or in another instance I built my house for 140,000 one year ago it's 2750 sq/ft and for me to build this same house 40 miles away in the same type of subdivision was almost 160,000  IT all depends where ur at!! That's just my point and if he wants to make a name and get business he just may have to lose a few bucks just to make it.. For me on the other hand I'm swamped and is in the process of getting my screen printing machine... I had a order for 200 hats... Just ordered the hat press from uscutter.... I guess That's because I'm the only one within 50 miles I know of that will take small shirt orders

If you are the only one within 50 miles that will take small order and you are "swamped" raise your prices......The problem with the "low ballers" is eventually it comes around to us that need to make a "real" living.....

Can you not read!! How am I low ballin when there's Boone to low ball maybe you should lower your prices if you feel I'm beating you out of business but hey of I lower my prices means people come to me there I get the word of mouth.. There for happy customers means more customers which means more business which = MORE MONEY!! yeah maybe you make more per shirt but I have happy customers coming back and bringing there friends!! That's all I'm gonna post on this subject so no need to reply

1st, I am not saying you are "low balling"......Sounds like we are closer on price than me and Dale.....

2nd, more business does not always mean more money if your price is to low.....Here is my math...If you sell at 25.00 and and someone else sells at 20.00 they have to sell about 67% more units to make the same net as you......

You sell 60 pieces at 25.00 and net 12.40 each for a total net of 744.00

Someone else sells 100 pieces at 20.00 and nets 7.40 each for a total of 740.00

100/ 60 =  66.66% approximately....They did way more work for the same money.....

Wow, talk about low balling I screwed my self out of some good money on this order!!! Some day I hope I am not a newbe anymore. and guys, please be nice it is the holidays!!HO HO HO