Stlouistech

Black Magnets?

I have  a customer whom called me today and wants magnets made but with a black background instead of a white background.

Where can I get these or do I just stick black vinyl to the white vinyl?

Thanks!

i always have to cover the white with what ever color they want the background,,

i can only find white by me in illinois

I usually get car magnets with coloured backgrounds printed because there is no way to apply a solid sheet of vinyl without annoying bubbles....

I usually get car magnets with coloured backgrounds printed because there is no way to apply a solid sheet of vinyl without annoying bubbles....

Oh really? lol

I have not made many attempts to apply sheets of vinyl to magnets and/or other substrates because I have not been able to do it well enough......And when I look at most magnets I see on cars at the local Walmart or Home Depot most are a mess with many bubbles showing....So others have problems too....Maybe I will figure it out someday, but in the mean time I order them from  a supplier that does them on a flat bed printer and magnetizes them after they are printed.....

hey roxxan just get yourself a big squeege you wont regret it. i have the 38" and can do anything we need to do in our shop. or you might be able to just make one. somebody either on this forum or the other did it and put up a pretty good post about it.

also if you need them printed just let me know!

I have not made many attempts to apply sheets of vinyl to magnets and/or other substrates because I have not been able to do it well enough......And when I look at most magnets I see on cars at the local Walmart or Home Depot most are a mess with many bubbles showing....So others have problems too....Maybe I will figure it out someday, but in the mean time I order them from  a supplier that does them on a flat bed printer and magnetizes them after they are printed.....

chances are the ones you saw were done dry. I do a lot of colored backgrounds,always wet,and never a bubble. The notion that dry is the only professional way to go makes a lot of bad jobs.

chances are the ones you saw were done dry. I do a lot of colored backgrounds,always wet,and never a bubble. The notion that dry is the only professional way to go makes a lot of bad jobs.

+1