tictac3410

Scrap Vinyl

Does anyone keep scrap pieces of vinyl hoping that you might use it for small jobs? Just wondering if it is worth keeping my scraps. I have found that I have accumulated a huge pile of scraps and i am trying to organize them to keep them from curling up or getting bent all to crap. Every time i go to throw them away something keeps telling me you  might need it for another job.

Any thoughts?

thanks that was my thinking too. guess i will just have to get rid of the scraps that my machine can't grap with the rollers and keep the larger stuff.

I try not to have scrap vinyl left over.

Lets say I am cutting a decal thats 4"X4" and using 15" vinyl.

I will go ahead and cut 3 of them even if I only need 1.

That way using the entire width of the vinyl and application tape.

If its a decal I will make again I just save them if its a 1 time deal I will just give the customer give all 3 to them for the same price.

I would rather give something away than throw it way.

I do though do end up with end pieces that I use for what ever but not much.

I'm doing some decals right now for a group that collects food for the poor for Thanksgiving... And I'm using scrap to cut those of course they don't care what color so their get'n the rainbow  :thumbsup:

MM64  :(

thanks for the idea. I actually have a 12 inch cutter too. and that was the main reason for keeping the small scraps. guess i just will just have to do some more organizing

THanks again.

I keep bigger size scraps for odd small jobs.. When the stack gets too big I whittle it down with a garbage can.... :(

Small scraps are great for test cuts with new blades. I use them test out new designs and fonts. Plus if a customer says I need this HIGHLY detailed object in a very small size, use the scrap to test it out.

I keep scraps for small decals, so I do not have to take rolls off my stand I made.

Also nice to cut small things when you mess up something (For instance, a center of a letter or something).

Also, just to cut random things and not waste vinyl.

Thing you can do is use that for covering things. If you want to cover something on your cell phone, or a small object, you can use that.