Sign in to follow this  
Neuromax

Help please

Thanks in advance for any help you can give/provide. I have read and searched and tried everything I can find here on the forums so I have to resort to posting this. I have a Copam 2500 that I got last week and I have been having some issues that I can't seem to figure out. I have adjusted the blade and settings over and over and just can't stop the problem. I have the settings on 10/20/.25. I have tried faster speeds, more pressure changed the offset and none of them have fixed my issue. I have also adjusted the blade in as far as I can with it still cutting the vinyl. Sometimes its worse than this, sometimes it is better, but its always picking up the edges of nearly everything it cuts.

post-11690-12986557787632_thumb.jpg

post-11690-12986557811686_thumb.jpg

Have you made sure there is nothing in the blade holder ( bits of vinyl etc ) that would not let the blade roate to the new direction quickly ? Have you tried a new blade ? Reflective vinyl or cutting thru into the plastic cutting strip dulls a blade very fast .

first off what kind of vinyl are you using how big is the decal and it appears it maybe cutting the same thing several times meaning you have a bunch of layers stacked up.  Look at it in wire frame or better yet post the file for us to look at.  It may not be the cutter but the file and user error??

There is no vinyl in the holder (pieces do get in there because of the way its lifting but I keep them cleaned out)

I will post the file, but I don't think that is it as its only making one pass. There are several cuts in there that are not weeded out just so you guys can see. I am pretty sure its user error as I am new at this, but I am trying to learn. The finished product looks like this..............when it doesn't lift pieces off.

Halloween2010041.jpg

Well although the file has a lot of nodes I don't think thats it but I am far from a expert on this.  You are using good vinyl and its a good size I see no reason it shouldn't cut it?

Like Rodger said how old is the blade?  Have you been cutting any reflective which can dull a blade real quick.  Are you using SB and if so maybe you could take a screen shot of your setting.  You have a cutter that should be cutting that no problem? 

make sure the cutting strip is seated evenly across the width of the cutter

Have you put a drop of oil on the blade?  And can you look through a magnifying glass and look at the tip to make sure its not broke.  Are the wheels on track where the head runs?  There is so many things it could be it hard to tell and I think the only way would be to plug along.  Are setting in inches,  MM correct?  The offset setting should be .25mm on the Copam

• Like 1

The cutter is only a week old, so is the blade. Nothing but 651 has been cut on it. I am using signcutpro to cut with. I haven't tried the oil thing yet but will tonight. The settings are in mm and as far as I can tell they are correct.

As I said there are so many things it could be,  seems like you have checked and tried all the obvious things.

I think I would submit a ticket to US Cutters for some tech support or where ever else you may have bought it.  They should be able to remote into your computer and take a look around and either fix or guide you in the right direction.

Hang in there you will discover what ever it is  will probably be something simply & small but when your new it seems like it you will never get it but you will............

Sounds like you have made all proper troubleshooting steps. Have you tried a different blade? Maybe you just have a bunk blade.

• Like 1

I have new 60* blades from clean cut coming (should be here today). I figure this is something simple but its very frustrating as I am wasting a lot of vinyl to get one good cut done.

Some of the best blades available I hear, so let's hope it solves the issue.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I had some time and cut it and it cuts fine.  I think it is something with your blade try the oil and back the blade all the way in so you can run your finger and not feel it then start turning it out until you just start to feel it and attempt it that way?

One last thing after you make sure there is no vinyl stuck in the holder take some alcohol and clean all around the tip of the blade cutter to make sure it really clean

Tip *** When you get the clean cut blade make sure its only just barley sticking out and around 30% less pressure so I would start with little pressure and work up from there so you don't break off the tip of the new clean cut blade, they are awesome and require a lot less depth and pressure...

post-2082-12986557793628_thumb.jpg

post-2082-12986557812753_thumb.jpg

mr300s, that looks great and I can get the same results but not without fighting peeling vinyl LOL. Thanks for trying it and confirming that it cuts fine! That even looks smaller than what I am trying to cut (6") I will adjust like you said and try the oil. Hopefully I just have a bad blade. I will also try to clean the holder with alcohol.

No problem just a thought have you tried some other vinyl from a different roll

No problem just a thought have you tried some other vinyl from a different roll

Yes, I have done it from a total of 3 different rolls, all 651 and all with the same results.

looks like everyone hit on the best advice - like bills said reduce the pressure BEFORE you put the clean cut in - they are way sharper and more apt to breat the tip if you don't reduce the pressure and if you have too much sticking out.  Jerry from signblazer gave the best advise before he passed away - less blade (and if not cleancut blades more pressure).  you want the absolute least blade out to get the job done and slow the machine down on small stuff

looks like everyone hit on the best advice - like bills said reduce the pressure BEFORE you put the clean cut in - they are way sharper and more apt to breat the tip if you don't reduce the pressure and if you have too much sticking out.  Jerry from signblazer gave the best advise before he passed away - less blade (and if not cleancut blades more pressure).  you want the absolute least blade out to get the job done and slow the machine down on small stuff

The problem is I can't lessen the pressure, Its on its lowest setting of 20 now. I have tried to adjust it in and have it where it will not even touch the backing but it still lifts. I am hoping its the blade, maybe a broken tip. I am going to try everyones suggestions tonight and will let you all know how it goes. I have a lot of these to make and its taking forever at this rate LOL

Gotta be the blade. 60 is a good standard pressure setting for the Copam, if I remember correctly. Been awhile.

RIP Jerry!!

• Like 1

I got 3 blades with my CoPam , did you get 3 ? Try a regular blade & get yourself up to speed before doing the cleancut ( You don't want to hurt a more expensive blade learning what not to do :( ) . I have never used a cleancut because I have never had a problem with the regular blades & they can be had for cheap on USCutter's e-bay auctions . Is your plastic cutting strip damaged ? I cut mine a few times when i started . Just some cuts & I have never had any problems so I have left it like it is . You can put reflective vinyl over it to correct some damage ( after cutting the burrs off :( )

I only got the one blade with mine.

Well my new blades didn't come so I wasn't able to try that. I did have some success with oiling the blade. Switching to Sign Blazer didn't help anything. I also cleaned everything very well. Like I said it is an improvement but its still not right. I did try some Siser Easyweed and that cut GREAT.

I would get some spare blades . USCutter was practically giving them away on e-bay for awhile . I suggest checking their auctions .

well after much frustration I finally have the cutter working like it should. Thanks to everyone for their help. I am not sure exactly what did the trick because I tried multiple things at once but somewhere along the line I got it going and couldn't have done it without the help of all of you!

well after much frustration I finally have the cutter working like it should. Thanks to everyone for their help. I am not sure exactly what did the trick because I tried multiple things at once but somewhere along the line I got it going and couldn't have done it without the help of all of you!

Thats good to know now you can install those clean cut blades, and if you already changed the blade that was it, and a test would be to put the old blade  back in don't change anything and try to cut....

Thats good to know now you can install those clean cut blades, and if you already changed the blade that was it, and a test would be to put the old blade  back in don't change anything and try to cut....

FYI, it wasn't the blade. I have the cleancut blades but haven't tried them yet. I am almost scared to. They said to decrease the pressure by 40-50% and I am only on 30 and can't go below 20 so I will just have to try it and see. I think it was a combo on oil on the blade, cleaning everything with alcohol and getting the depth adjusted. I can barely feel the tip of it now its so far in but like I said it cuts great now.